It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

help, Cancer Dad, others

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
Jeni61
(female)

Jeni61 HB User
help, Cancer Dad, others

Okay, folks, today I am really, really antsy and just need you to reassure me.

CD, in one post no long ago, you in your usual intuitive manner told me not to worry about the cancer spreading after radiation stopped, as the cancer continues to be killed after it stops.

I need to hear that from you again.

You all may recall that I am a little antsy about the wait for surgery, mine is 6 weeks -- I am 2 weeks since last radiation and 4 weeks until surgery. All of you reassured me that this was safe, beneficial timeframe. I guess I need to hear that again.

Sorry I am such a nutjob today but I am really anxious. I do have meds if I get too tangled up in my brain, and will use them if I cannot talk myself down.

I love you guys, thanks for answering, hope everyone is plugging along well with their care.

Jeni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
CancerDad
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User
Re: help, Cancer Dad, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni61
Okay, folks, today I am really, really antsy and just need you to reassure me.

CD, in one post no long ago, you in your usual intuitive manner told me not to worry about the cancer spreading after radiation stopped, as the cancer continues to be killed after it stops.

I need to hear that from you again.

You all may recall that I am a little antsy about the wait for surgery, mine is 6 weeks -- I am 2 weeks since last radiation and 4 weeks until surgery. All of you reassured me that this was safe, beneficial timeframe. I guess I need to hear that again.

Sorry I am such a nutjob today but I am really anxious. I do have meds if I get too tangled up in my brain, and will use them if I cannot talk myself down.

I love you guys, thanks for answering, hope everyone is plugging along well with their care.

Jeni
OK, Jenni, RELAX... the RADIATION that you received CONTINUES to work LONG after you stop treatment. EVEN PAST THE 6 WEEK DATE WHEN YOU SCHEDULED SURGERY. Getting all nervous about the surgery is PERFECTLY NORMAL, and happens to all of us... my advice... find something you LOVE to do, and DO IT... take your mind off all of this. Go to the movies, enjoy the beautiful Fall weather, go for a walk, do some shopping--even if you cant afford it, you can ALWAYS return it! Just try to do things to take your mind off things.

And Jenni, things are going to be FINE. I AM CONFIDENT THAT YOU DID ALL YOUR HOMEWORK AND SET EVERYTHING UP THAT IS WITHIN YOUR CONTROL TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SURGERY! Remember, it's the losing control part that you are freaked about... that you had nightmares about. YOU DO HAVE SOME CONTROL... NOT during surgery, but afterward... you want to listen to the health TEAM supporting you, but REMEMBER, YOU are a part of that team too!!! Call everyone by their first names, unless they want to call you MRS, MS. DR. XXXXXXXXX. Otherwise YOU are the leader of the team, with advisors around you. You WILL FEEL MUCH BETTER ASSUMING THIS CONTROL.

Hang in there. Do the activities I suggested. Have some fun! And try not to think about it!

Fondly,
CancerDad

Old 10-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
Jeni61
(female)

Jeni61 HB User
Re: help, Cancer Dad, others

CD, I love you. You know exactly how I feel. You just can't imagine how much that means to me.

Jeni

Closed Thread