It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

New here,symptom questions.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
jenshops
(female)

jenshops HB User
New here,symptom questions.

I'm 34yrs.old and I've had diarehha for the past 8yrs,since removing my gallbladder. I started having blood in my stools about 4yrs. ago, but it only happened rarely, so I ignored it. Now,not only is it happening almost every week, but today makes 8days straight with blood in my stool. Last night, the blood that came out was weird, instead of regular liquid, it looked like the stuff in a lava lamp. The only other symptoms are a small occasional pain in my lower left side and of course I'm weak and tired, which I thought was due to my recent discovery of very high blood pressure. I'm not sure what ribbon size stools means, I've had stool like that when it has any form, for a while. I chickened out on a colonoscopy last May before the increase in the blood, but I have an appt. with a Gastro tomorrow, and I assume they will set up a colonoscopy. If the blood was from hemorroids or a fissure, would there be rectal pain? The only pain I get when I go to the bathroom are cramps really bad, but never rectal pain. Any advice and opinions are welcome, I realize I will have to wait for tests ect.. but I've been telling myself that this is nothing for awhile, but now I"m getting a little worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
gocatsgo
Veteran
(female)

gocatsgo HB User
Re: New here,symptom questions.

You need to go ahead with that colonoscopy. Your symptoms could be cancer, or they could be something else. Take charge of your health and get the colonoscopy. IT is the only way to know for sure what is going on.

Let us know how you make out,
Cats

Closed Thread