It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Great Doctors!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
gocatsgo
Veteran
(female)

gocatsgo HB User
Great Doctors!

Hi,

I just wanted to pass along a note I got from my doctor yesterday. We often hear of stories of doctors who screw up, have bad beside manners, etc., so I wanted to pass along something nice.

After my surgery I sent a thank you note to my doctor. I really felt like he went above and beyond for me and my husband since day one when he fit me in on his lunch break and spent 90 minutes talking to me RIGHT AWAY so I wouldn't have to wait it out...to when I was in the hospital last year over Thanksgiving - I was there for 21 days and he came to see me twice a day for 19 of the 21 days!!! He is also very good about calling me at home, etc. Anyway, I am a true believer in the lost art of thank you notes, so I sent him one and then yesterday I got this letter from him:

Dear "Cats", (OK he doesn't really call me Cats )

Thank you for your kind note. It is greatly appreciated. It has been a pleasure for me to care for you and to work both with you and "Mr. Cats" over the last year through this whole process. I am glad that you are doing so well. There were some scary times, but I know that there are good times to come. Thanks again for thinking of me and sending me your kind note. I will be seeing you soon.

Your sincerely,

I thought it was so nice of him to take the time to do that. Also, I can see by his note that he doesn't get a lot of thank you notes...SO, if there has been a doctor or a nurse that has gone out of there way for you, sit down now and write them a note and tell them so. I think you would make their day...

Have a great weekend!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
Nassau one
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User
Re: Great Doctors!

That is SO nice Cats! Doesn't it make all the difference when you feel a doctor cares? I remember my husband's surgeon calling to find out how we were doing when he came home from the hospital. We felt so special!

Hope you are continuing to do well. I had chemo this week for three days, so this is my nasty weekend of nausea and bad feelings...still, trying not to complain!!

Love and prayers,

Old 10-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
gocatsgo
Veteran
(female)

gocatsgo HB User

Hi Alison,

I was thinking of you this morning...I am sorry you are not feeling great. How many more treatments do you have left? When is your next scan? I hope that you are doing OK. Have they given you any good meds to keep you comfortable?

Here is a BIG hug for you! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Love,
Cats

Old 10-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
Nassau one
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

Thanks Cats! I feel such a wimp! Three more to go as long as scan in a couple of weeks shows treatment is working! I am on meds but still feel so weird, but at least I know what to expect now and hopefully, in a couple of days, the worst will be over.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #5
West Coast Girl
(female)

West Coast Girl HB User

Thanks for posting this Cats. Everyone seems to only complain about their doctors so it's nice to hear about the good ones that are out there.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #6
gocatsgo
Veteran
(female)

gocatsgo HB User

Alison,

I hope these three more go by fast for you. I could barely lift my head up off of the pillow during chemo...try not to over-do it. Allow yourself to rest and try to keep hydrated. Hopefully your nausea meds will help you get the rest you need. Let us know how your scans go!

Take care,
Cats

Closed Thread