It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Need Help With Symptoms Please!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
SlowGold
(male)

SlowGold HB User
Question Need Help With Symptoms Please!

Thank you for reading this. And please excuse my poor spelling

Intro.In February 2002 I had hemorroids surgically removed, since they took over my life completely. Ever since than I would get an occasional bloody stool if I was eating too much fiber and basically causing mini-diahrrea or sorts. I would also get an occasional swalleness of hemorroids, but again nothing to go crazy about.

I was watching my diet, eating a lot of vegetables and taking it easy on red meat (grilled chicken and salmon instead mostly) and everything seemed OK. However, this year, after my mom passed away I went completely nuts with my diet and ate everything I liked. I was getting hamburgers every day, pretty much. You get the idea. In any case, my stomach did not like that very much to day the least. Loose stools were frequent. I started noticing blood in my stools. But up until about two weeks ago I did not pay much attention.

Symptoms. So, around 2 weeks ago bloody stools became a norm. I thought, oh well, no biggie, probably hemmorroids again. So, I stopped drinking Soy Milk and cut back on red meat somewhat. It helped...for 2 days. Now the bloody stools seem to be permanent fixture. However, I'm not back to optimal diet yet.

So:

1. Bloody stools (bright red, or maroon colored)
2. No ribbon-like or narrow stools
3. I defecate usually 2-3 times a day
4. I eat a lot of fiber-rich food (bran cereal, lantils, other vegetables)
5. I drink a lot of water
6. I do NOT have abdominal pain
7. I do have very slight anal itching (hemorroids?)
8. No weight loss, however, I'm extremely skinny (6'4", 155lbs), so it's hard to tell
9. Don't know how 'anemic' feels, but I feel somewhat weak, and my blood pressure is on the low side (not too low though)

Questions. Are my symptoms consistent with colon or any other cancer of similar nature? From what I've read it certainly seems so. Could it be that I have both hemorroids and cancer?

I am going to see my PCP in on Thursday and will push for colonscopy. But it will take 10 days to get the authorization, and than some more time before they actually perform the procedure.

What do you guys think? Any feedback is appreciated!
Thank you very much.

Last edited by SlowGold; 10-31-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
Anders
(female)

Anders HB User
Re: Need Help With Symptoms Please!

I'm glad you're going to get this check out, but on a personal note, I think you've got your hemorrid back and maybe colotis.

I'm assuming they did not do an colonoscopy back in 2002, made sure you get it this time. If they did, and all they found was hemmorrids, you shouldn't need one again until 2007

I did not have any pain prior to my diagnosed (but many people do). Nor was I anemic, and all my blood work came out fine. My doctor confirmed I had hemorrid, and thought the bleeding hemmorrid would be a good excuse to get my baseline colonoscopy done early in life. It was a complete suprise to everyone when I was diagnosed with rectal cancer.

Please don't worry about it, but do follow up on it. If you had cancer back in 2002, I suspect you would be feeling very sick now.

Lee

Good luck,

Closed Thread