It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

To All Of Ruthie's Friends.....

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
goody2shuz
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
To All Of Ruthie's Friends.....

Hi all I know that Ruthie spent alot of time over here....she had friends in many places, and I have had the honor of knowing her on other boards here on HB. Mr. Ruth opened a thread on other boards but probably didn't know that she spent quite alot of time over here as well. I am copying his post over here because I know that Ruthie would have wanted me to.

As one of Ruthie's many friends here, I know that each of you would have done the same for me. She always made sure her park bench was a "super deluxe" one to hold many of her friends at a time. Just like Ruthie to be that way.

(((((HUGS)))))) ~ Goody

Here is the link to Mr. Ruth's post.....

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=443784[/url]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
Dixie Chick
(female)

Dixie Chick HB User
Re: To All Of Ruthie's Friends.....

I am so sorry to hear this distressing news.

Mr. Ruth, please know that Ruth was a well-loved and helpful person on this board. She will be greatly missed.

Our love and prayers go out to you and your family.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
gocatsgo
Veteran
(female)

gocatsgo HB User

Goody,

Thank you for letting us know. Ruth had MANY friends and admirers over here. I am so shocked and saddened. There are no words...

May peace be with Ruth and her family and her friends here at the Healthboards.

Take care,
Cats

Old 11-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
Nassau one
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

This is such sad news and reminds us of the fragility and uncertainty of life. I did not realize she was on other boards as well. She will be missed by all.

Love and prayers to her family,

Old 11-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
hiswife1
(female)

hiswife1 HB User

Ruthie was so caring and truly a friend to us all. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. We wil miss you Ruthie .

dee

Old 11-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
shnswms
Inactive
(male)

shnswms HB User

I am very saddened to hear this news. I came across Ruth many times in the past couple years on a few different boards on here. She was always so willing to help and offer any advice. She will be missed alot.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
lalee
(female)

lalee HB User

I'm so sad to hear of Ruth's passing. She was very caring and compassionate. Even though she didn't know me she offered comforting words and 'loaned me her Guardian Angel' at a time when I was in low spirits.I was very touched by this.

Mr Ruth I hope you can take comfort in the fact that Ruth was well thought of and will be sadly missed.

Take Care
Lalee

Old 11-15-2006, 06:54 AM   #8
gocatsgo
Veteran
(female)

gocatsgo HB User

I am still in such shock over Ruth's death. Life is so fragile. It just goes to show you how connected we are even if we don't "know" each other. Mr. Ruth, I do hope that you are coping OK. I am sure this is a very difficult time for you and your family. I am sure Ruth is looking over us all. We are lucky to have her on our side.

Take care,
Cats

Old 11-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #9
CancerDad
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User
Red face Re: To All Of Ruthie's Friends.....

Goody:

I had already known and was EXTREMELY saddened by Ruthie's passing. I was unsure whether I should respect her privacy and not post, or tell all the MANY, MANY people who she helped, touched, and loved on this Board. I'm glad you made the decision. Those of us that had the priveledge of knowing her knew how special she was and what a kind and loving person she was to us all.

Goody...Ruthie had once spoken about the times the two of you clashed on some topics, as we all have. I know Ruthie would want me to tell you how much she liked, admired and respected you despite the "occassional conflict." She was grateful for your friendship... for everyone's friendship on this board. This was a VERY SPECIAL place for her. The honest dialogue, advice, and friendship she offered to many of us on this Board will be sorely missed; she will be sorely missed. She formed an almost instant special bond with nearly everyone she touched. To many of us, she was and will continue to be our Guardian Angel.

Like a true friend, Ruthie always seemed to pop in at JUST the right time when you needed a kind word of sanity in this insane world. I know that I continue to feel her presence as I navigate throughout the Healthboards. I think her presence will continue to be felt by many of us for a long time.

Ruthie... May you have already found a comfortable park bench wherever your next journey has taken you. Know that you will be deeply missed by us all and that I am confident you will be welcomed with open arms and loved wherever you may land. Spread your wings and fly.

With Much Love and Prayers Always,
CancerDad

Old 11-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #10
goody2shuz
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Cancerdad ~

Thanks for your post and kind words. I never actually was aware of any "conflicts" with Ruthie, we always seemed to find a way to speak our peace in an extremely open way....if she ever were upset with me I never really felt it or it must have been shortlived. I truly miss her and know that our friendship is the type that will carry us through until I take my place beside her on that bench she is keeping warm for me as well as many others here. Though we never actually met, we knew that our souls were joined in a special way, so much so that we often spoke about our being able to recognize one another when we journeyed onto heaven. Her words ring strong and true....she left me with a gift of some very special ones that will be forever etched in my soul until we meet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
I cannot understand how I can have a friend I feel so close to and yet have no idea where they live, their name, and have no NEED to know!!
(If you knew the movie Beaches like I know the movie Beaches, the Wind beneath my Wings is a trifle bittersweet!!)
Ruth
I miss you Ruthie...not a day goes by that I don't think about you.

Love ~ Goody

Old 11-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #11
CancerDad
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody2shuz
Cancerdad ~

Thanks for your post and kind words. I never actually was aware of any "conflicts" with Ruthie, we always seemed to find a way to speak our peace in an extremely open way....if she ever were upset with me I never really felt it or it must have been shortlived. I truly miss her and know that our friendship is the type that will carry us through until I take my place beside her on that bench she is keeping warm for me as well as many others here. Though we never actually met, we knew that our souls were joined in a special way, so much so that we often spoke about our being able to recognize one another when we journeyed onto heaven. Her words ring strong and true....she left me with a gift of some very special ones that will be forever etched in my soul until we meet again.

I miss you Ruthie...not a day goes by that I don't think about you.

Love ~ Goody
Goody...
I really hope you took my words the way I intended them... not to share ANY bad thoughts or ill will (there wasn't any), but rather to let you and others know just how very special you ALL were to Ruthie. Goody... you meant the WORLD to her.

I think it's safe to say that Ruthie will be in many of our hearts forever. She touched so many of us and gave us all gifts beyond words...

Having the privilege to know Ruthie as I did and you did Goody and others, I believe she would have wanted us ALL to enjoy life and stop to take in each precious moment life offers as a gift. Then, combine all of our experiences and gifts together with all the gifts she gave so many of us, and "pay it forward" by taking time to lend an ear and a kind and thoughtful word to try and help others.

With Love to Ruthie, Goody, and ALL my family on this Board,
CancerDad

Last edited by CancerDad; 11-28-2006 at 09:43 PM.

Closed Thread