It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Chronic abdominal pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
TXLU01
(female)

TXLU01 HB User
Chronic abdominal pain

Needing some help. I am a 23 yo female who is in good health. A year and a half ago I started having occasional pain in my abdomin (lower left quadrent). My mother (an RN) said it was likely pain from ovulation so I tried to let it go. As the pain continued I made an appointment with my gyn who gave me a complete exam and could not come up with anything. Since endmetriosis and ovarian cysts run in my family my doctor did exploratory sx. Fortunately everything looked normal. The pain persisted and I made an appointment with my pcp thinking maybe I had a hernia. My pcp ruled out hernia, bladder infection, etc. For the past few months I have been seeing a gastroenterologist; we have tried everything from changing my diet to increasing my fiber intake. I have also had an abdominal CT (which came back normal) and I will been having the dreaded colonoscopyin 3 weeks. Over the past year and a half the pain has become worse and I constantly feel bloated. My stomach is starting to resemble a pregnant woman. I guess what I am trying to find out is if anyone out there has had this problem. We have ruled out IBS (after having a bowel movement I am actually in pain; I have to lay down for a few minutes until the pain goes away). The pain has been going on for so long that I am now afraid that this might be something serious. Can someone help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
Anders
(female)

Anders HB User
Re: Chronic abdominal pain

txlu,

I'm sorry you are having so much discomfort. It is wise that you are getting it checked out. At this point, getting a colonoscopy is probably a good idea, hopfully it will give you some answers and quick solutions. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer 2 1/2 yrs ago, I had no pain. While people your age can get this type of cancer, it tends to be VERY RARE. Have the doctor's given you any ideas on what your problem could be.

Good luck, if you need help with the colonoscopy, this is the place to come to.

Lee

Closed Thread