It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• Input please !!! Can't help to think its not colon cancer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
    tzzzz216
    (male)

tzzzz216 HB User
    Input please !!! Can't help to think its not colon cancer

Hi All!! I'm New to this forum , I would like some informatiion on the problem that started about a month ago , Let me start out by saying this I did go to the Dr. this week they did a rectal exam and found blood in the stool but nothing else , Not to worry , but they sent me home with the 3 cards that you can take a stool sample from , for the lab , they said if it comes back positive they would send me for a colonoscopy and come back in a month for my next Drs appointment, Isn't this a little to long to wait ?? Now let me say this every other bowel movement for the past 3-4 weeks I've seen bright red blood in the bowl (alot)4 different times , I haven't been straning when i go ,Why would it stop bleeding every other bowel movement ?and come back again ? i've been checking symtoms the other ones i have a narrow stols and bloating but that seems to be going away but still a little. I can't help to think its not cancer. Any advice will help ,please !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
    Heidi'sMom
    Inactive
    (female)

Heidi'sMom HB User
    Re: Input please !!! Can't help to think its not colon cancer

You did the right thing by going to your doctor. I first tried the self-diagnosis thing and by the time I went to my doctor I was in pretty bad shape. Your symptoms could be caused by a lot of things, most likely hemorrhoids, but it is always good to get the professional's diagnosis.

Good luck to you! And really, having a colonoscopy is no big deal. Hopefully, everything will come back okay. Just keep on top of it and ask questions, questions, questions.

Pam

Old 04-25-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
    backslide05
    Veteran
    (female)

backslide05 HB User

I understand your anxiety and worry. I too had red blood in stool and similar symptoms and was freaked out --had a colonoscopy, and it was internal hemmorhoids.
    However, my husband had no symptoms except anemia and blood in stool and turned out to be colon cancer. So it's best to get the colonscopy done so you know what you are dealing with.
    I know it's hard, but try not to worry, it only makes your body react! I know easier said than done! I wish you well, and let us know what you find out.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
    tzzzz216
    (male)

tzzzz216 HB User

Thank you you all for the feed back ! When i went to the Drs. they did the rectal exam they said they didn't feel any hemorrhoids , but i guess they can be higher up in the colon , one other thing I just started taking vitamin E & C its a combo vitamin and flaxseed pill maybe this could be causing it ? but i stopped taking them about a week ago, and i still past blood , but today when i had a BM no blood in the bowl, All i can say its all in Gods hands !!

Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
    backslide05
    Veteran
    (female)

backslide05 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tzzzz216 View Post
    Thank you you all for the feed back ! When i went to the Drs. they did the rectal exam they said they didn't feel any hemorrhoids , but i guess they can be higher up in the colon , one other thing I just started taking vitamin E & C its a combo vitamin and flaxseed pill maybe this could be causing it ? but i stopped taking them about a week ago, and i still past blood , but today when i had a BM no blood in the bowl, All i can say its all in Gods hands !!
    Most likely it's internal hemorroids. They can't be felt from a rectal exam.
    Mine acted the same, sometimes blood, sometimes not, not predictable in any way, and didn't seem to matter about vitamins or supplements, although I still take aloe vera and other things...
    I think it's good to have a colonoscopy (everyone should) and then relax and it IS in God's hands.

Closed Thread