It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• How frequent is the blood?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2007, 03:49 AM   #16
    anprdp
    (female)

anprdp HB User
    Re: How frequent is the blood?

Quote:
    How come when its caught many have like stage 3+ cancer? Did they not have any symptoms or did they have symptoms and just ignore it? (I myself tend to ignore symptoms and just wait for them to go away)
    Most people with polyps are asymptomatic. And as far as cancer, when it has grown big enough to block your colon so that bile and infection have set up then its stage 3 or worse and your moved for emergency surgery. Or in this day and time, alot of people still will not go for colonoscopies as they should so therefore the cancer is not caught until it is severe. In other words, colon cancers are mostly asymptomatic until it is a serious issue.

Quote:
    If i do have polyps and they take 5+ years to form, im wondering why im only now having symptoms.
    Again, polyps are really just large clumps of tissue or cells, so in most individuals they present no symptoms.

Quote:
    Also, something else scary... On the inside of my lip I notice red dots that appear one day and then go away. Someone said i might have aids.

I didnt tell the dr about the red dots because they had went away. But now I am seeing them appear and disappear again and im wondering if its related to this whole bowel problem im having. The dots look like blood blisters or sores but they do not hurt. Most look like I got pricked by a pin, while once there were much larger ones which went away in 2 days.
    I have never, ever heard of AIDS presenting as a form of bumps in the mouth. It could be anything from irritation (cause your allergic to your toothbrush, floss, toothpaste, gum you chew, etc.) to a mild infection. If that part bothers you then you should have it checked by your dentist or general practitioner. And, another thing I strongly urge, if you think you could be at risk for AIDS, then you should be tested for it. No ifs, ands, buts, its the responsible thing to do for yourself and others. Denying the problem is not treating it. Just like with colon cancer, if severe symptoms start showing, and you do nothing, then you haven't cured it or made it go away. You have just given the disease another day~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 04:11 AM   #17
    JesseA
    (male)

JesseA HB User

Im not sure who is at risk for aids but I dont think I am. I dont know if it being a homosexual disease is a myth, and if its not then I definitely do not have aids.

I think she said i might have aids cause a symptom is sores that appear on your body (Or so it was in a movie I saw).

but yeah no idea what the red things on my lip are but theyre kind of scary. I`ll bring it up next time im at the dr.

Thanks for the chat!

-edit-
    Looked up symptoms of aids i definitely donot have that, and seems it can affect anyone.

I guess she said aids cause of this "The appearance of discoloured or purplish growths on the skin or inside the mouth "

My dots are RED though.

Last edited by JesseA; 07-29-2007 at 04:15 AM.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #18
    rp1965
    (male)

rp1965 HB User

Another good way to detect Colon Cancer is to ask your doctor to do an "Insure" stool card test. Quest Diagnostics offers this so you would have to use a Quest Diagnostics Laboratory. It is very different than the routine Hemocult or Seracult occult stool blood test cards. These tests merely show if there is blood present in the stool.

The Ensure stool test will detect the presence of cancer cells. It is extremely very sensitive in detecting cancer cells if they are present. You may want to demand this test ESPECIALLY if your primary insurance will not cover a colonoscopy for one reason or another. If this test comes out positive, your insurance would have a hard time denying you a colonoscopy. Good luck and although there are a plethera of reasons you may have blood in your stool you are right for demanding a colonoscopy. My mom passed from colon cancer in 1998. After having lived through the hardship of seeing a loved one die from it, I became pro active at 35 and have been checked every 5 years because they found multiple polyps, but never cancer. Since my mom passed, there have been many new treatments and this new Insure stool test is quite a breakthrough.
    Richard

Old 07-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #19
    JesseA
    (male)

JesseA HB User

Thanks alot richard, i`ll definitely bring that up if they deny me the colonoscopy.

Sorry to hear about your mom

Closed Thread