It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• Re: colonoscopy- how much??? no insurance!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
    Seminoles
    (male)

Seminoles HB User
    Unhappy Re: colonoscopy- how much??? no insurance!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikkatch View Post
    could someone give me an idea how much colonoscopy would cost? i dont have health insurance. help!
    I know this is an old thread but my doctor wants one done so I called to find out what the insurance would not cover they told me to call the test facility so I did got the old run around it all depends on this and that there is no copay but they only cover 90% so I would pay 10% the clinic said they would call a few days before to tell me my part so much for time to reschedule they did give me the amount for a standard test 4200.00 plus any other test like biopsy and such if the insurance covers it so my minimum would be 420.00 so it looks like prices are up.

Last edited by mod_007; 06-23-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: If you knew it was old why did you post to it? Didn't you read the posting rules?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
    cynthiaf
    (female)

cynthiaf HB User
    Re: colonoscopy- how much??? no insurance!!!

Sem,
    Well, I had one done in July 06'. I can't rememeber what it cost. I have BCBS but I have to meet my 500.00 deductable first. I know I had to pay out 100.00 that day to the surgery center (that was like July 25th, August 3rd, my copay was going up to $300.00, so I lucked out). But anyway, I arrange to pay my colon dr that did the colonoscopy in monthly payments, and I didn't owe the facilities anymore cause they accepted the 100.00 copay. I didn't have to have biopsies, but I have to go back next year in July and who knows what I will have to pay.

Cynthia

Closed Thread