It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• change in stool and blood in stool

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
    trinalola
    (female)

trinalola HB User
    change in stool and blood in stool

Hello,

I noticed change in stool shape for a month now and also there sometimes blood in my stool. I usually have no problem with going at least one a day and everything always easy and fine. Now, I can only goes one a week and each time it's so difficult for shape of stool is hard and tiny balls that push togther to make one big one which make it super difficult to go and then the toilet water would be all red due to blood that came with the stool. When it was my menstrual days, the blood would be very less and instead there are blood in the stool instead of coming out of menstrual part. In addition, I would have diarhhea heavily twice a weeks...what's going on here? thanks in advance

Trina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
    anprdp
    (female)

anprdp HB User
    Re: change in stool and blood in stool

You sound to be very constipated Trina. That would explain most all of your symptoms. The straining would cause some blood showing up if you have hemorrhoids. Which most sufferes of constipation do whether they are aware of it or not. When you are on your period, your hormones change and effect your bowel movements. I have IBS and when I have my period the hormone changes put my bowel movements into overload and I can go up to 8 or 9 times a day until my insides are raw and all that is left is water even though I haven't eaten that day. My first suggestion to you would be a diet change. Add lots of fiber. The best source of natural fiber would be prunes, if you can eat them. Add lots of water to your diet as well as the longer the feces sits the more water that will be absorbed from it causing it to harden. Until this takes effect, you might want to try glycerin suppositories. The insertion plus the glycerin once it melts will help encourage bowel movements. They are safe enough for use in newborns plus they are available over the counter at any pharmacy. I think you are more in danger of bowel impaction than colon cancer at the moment. And bowel impaction can happen at any age. And it can make you very ill. Try to avoid dairy products for awhile until this clears up. You can try laxatives for immediate relief, but fair warning on those. If you abuse laxatives they can intensify your problem till it gets to the point that you cannot go without them. Most nurses in nursing homes will tell you this is a problem amoung the elderly population and leads to most of their constipation and bowel impactions, due to they have abused laxatives and now cannot carry on normal body function without them. You could also do a complete colon flush, such as those for colon preps, with a bottle of Fleet's Phospha Soda. Add it to one glass of 8oz. ginger ale and it should get you going. If your symptoms don't clear up after using these guidelines, I would then take the problem to your doctor for further evaluation. Best Regards~

Last edited by anprdp; 11-21-2008 at 08:42 AM.

Closed Thread