It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• rectal colon reversal stricture

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
    dla23
    (male)

dla23 HB User
    rectal colon reversal stricture

Four years ago I had 10 inches of bowel taken out due to rectal bowel cancer and 2 inches rectum left. Had colostomy bag for 12 months. Since reversal surgery, where the bowel reattached, the opening has narrowed down to about 10mm in diameter. Most days I have to empty my bowel several times a day as the amount is small. A few times through the years, I had blockage when the faeces are not able to pass through the narrow openning. However, some days the faeces are larger than the opening 15 - 20mm diameters. My surgeon said for most people the jointing point in the bowel does not narrow like mine, the only solution is to have a dilation operation (stretch the openning in the jointing point of my bowel) every 3 months. I have soluble fibre like oat bran and psyllium husk, and have lots of steam vegies, fruits, mostly rice, soya bean curd, fish and some white meat. Does anyone has this same problem and any suggestions. Many thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Iliostomy reversal surgery - what should I expect? choosethisday Cancer: Colon 8 04-06-2009 10:05 PM
    Recovery time after bowel resection for colon/rectal cancer Gael Cancer: Colon 10 10-31-2008 01:28 PM
    26 year old male diagnosed with rectal cancer lowdog9 Cancer: Colon 13 05-29-2008 07:51 AM
    going to doc wed. for rectal bleeding - what to expect? nikkilewis Cancer: Colon 2 09-18-2007 07:11 PM
    Anyone experienced with a stricture after colon resection? ptzgrl Bowel Disorders 0 07-18-2007 10:27 PM
    Rectal Cancer Stage III (Age 35) what to expect. tahb Cancer: Colon 79 07-16-2007 12:04 PM
    Did you have rectal pain? and other questions trish2 Cancer: Colon 7 10-27-2006 03:56 PM
    I have rectal cancer, but refusing surgery...please help me JJSMITH Cancer: Rectal & Anal 37 08-12-2005 09:00 PM
    27, diagnosed with rectal cancer cinda Cancer: Colon 20 07-27-2005 08:49 PM
    help / bright red rectal bleeding / what is it? skr Digestive Disorders 2 04-23-2004 06:42 AM

Tags
    colon reversal operation, colon stricture, rectal colon cancer