It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board


Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: portland, Oregon
Posts: 1
fatheroflucy HB User
Question worried

Ok...i have had a long time (3yrs) ear infection (inner and middle). I cant aford insurance and am uncomfortable with hospitals. I recintly noticed a growth that has gotten bigger in the lining of my sphincter. I have been feeling under the weather and atributed this to my above-mentioned ear infection. I got scared enough to go to a community health clinic and was uncomfortable explaining my noticed growths. I told them about the ear and they ordered some lab tests. Is there any way theese tests could tell if I had colon cancer? I know I should just get a doctor to look at it, but dont want to if there is no need. Oh....and some symtoms that worry me.....change in BM. Abdominal tightness. The growth part. Fatigue. Hard time getting to sleep. Discomfort when I sit.

I am just worried cause I have a feeling my emune system Isn't doin so good. Any help would be great. I think it might be hems but no bleeding or itching.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 10
bbucsis HB User
Re: worried

Hi there.

Any time you find a lump it is always important to get checked by a doctor. The tests the doctor is doing are likely checking your blood for infection and other diseases. Included in these tests she likely included a test to check your blood iron. Low blood iron represents a slow bleed, typicle of colon and rectal cancer. The test is not difinitive, as hemorrhoids, ulcurs, and other diseases can also cause low blood iron. However this symptom is generally used to proceed with testing for these diseases.

If the lump is able to be inspected by you, then it can be inspected by your doctor as well. Your doctor will be able to check if it is simply hemorrhoids, inflamation, polyp, or mass. If it is a polyp or mass, the doctor may even be able to send you to a specialist to have it biopsied without needing a colonoscopy, since it is so close to the opening of the anus.

Your doctor is following the usual steps, so just work with them and they will make sure you are checked for everything it can be. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!