It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• very afraid I got colon cancer, but have one symptom only

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
    iceq
    (male)

iceq HB User
    very afraid I got colon cancer, but have one symptom only

Hi. I am very horrified that I may have colorectal cancer. Among its symptoms, I am only experiencing the feeling of not having properly emptied one’s bowel after a bowel motion. Every time I enter the bathroom and empty my bowels, there's something always left there in the colon, close to the anus. I strain hard trying to get it out, but fail. Used almost all types of laxatives: milk of magnesia, laxative suppositories, anemia with olive oil, and my bowels get emptied except for that "lump" that I feel is still there. This has been going on for almost 3 months. I even put on latex gloves and stick my finger inside, reaching as deep as possible, but didn't feel any hard stool or mass that could be a hard,dry stool. I mean it is very unlikely that I feel that way because there is actually a stool in there that needs to be expelled.

I had NO constipation.
    I noticed NO blood in stool, NO cramps, bloating or pain in the abdomen or rectum; NOR unexplained weight loss. But again I am left with that feeling every time, and many sources state that it is one of the colorectal cancer.

1- Is it really colorectal cancer? If not, what could it be?
    2- Can a Virtual Colonoscopy reveal the nature of that thing, or is CT better?
    Thanks for any help !!

Last edited by iceq; 04-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: very afraid I got colon cancer, but have one symptom only

I have the exact same feeling. Had it for years and alway's put it down to a muscle not having relaxed after a bowel movement.
    With me the sensation goes away after awhile.
    I have had two Colonoscopy's and apart from being diagnosed with IBS everything else was O.K.
    It might even be a pile. Unless you have other symptoms or any bleeding then you sound fine,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
    iceq (04-04-2013)
    Old 04-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
    iceq
    (male)

iceq HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
    I have the exact same feeling. Had it for years and alway's put it down to a muscle not having relaxed after a bowel movement.
    With me the sensation goes away after awhile.
    I have had two Colonoscopy's and apart from being diagnosed with IBS everything else was O.K.
    It might even be a pile. Unless you have other symptoms or any bleeding then you sound fine,

Solofelix.
    Hi. Thank you very very much. Your response was truly relieveing.
    Yet, please tell me what do you mean by "it might even be a pile" ?

But couldn't this just be the beginning of cancer or something that is not cancer, but is still not good ?
    You said "I have the exact..." then said "had it for years" so you have it now or what? Is there anything written about such thing ?

Old 04-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
    Piles are another word for Hemorhoid's.
    To be honest I have never worried about this sensation myself as I said I just put it down to muscle strain. Also having had two Colonoscopy's, if anything was wrong I'm sure I would have been told.
    I believe (read) that having IBS can also cause this feeling after a bowel movement.
    If you are really concerned you should get it checked out, if it was Cancer I'm sure other symptoms would appear, if for instnce you have any bleeding then see your Dr ASP,

Solofelix.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Hi,
    To be honest I have never worried about this sensation myself as I said I just put it down to muscle strain. Also having had two Colonoscopy's, if anything was wrong I'm sure I would have been told.
    I believe (read) that having IBS can also cause this feeling after a bowel movement.
    If you are really concerned you should get it checked out, if it was Cancer I'm sure other symptoms would appear, if for instnce you have any bleeding then see your Dr ASP,

Solofelix.
    "Sorry meant to say, see your Dr, A.S.A.P

Old 04-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
    iceq
    (male)

iceq HB User

Quote:
    Hi,

Solofelix.
    Okay, I really appreciate your feedback . As I said there was no bleeding, nor pain, nothing. Just that feeling which nevertheless is driving me nuts.
    I hope it's nothing indeed.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
    Yellow84
    (female)

Yellow84 HB User

I've had this over the past 4 months. I had a colonoscopy and abdominal/pelvic ct with contrast and thankfully nothing showed up. Not even hemmorrhoids...and I had bleeding. What I really think helped was the prep cleanse...the surgeon said being backed up could cause this too. I was doing good until now that become constipated again...I have regular bms but strain and that leads to pressure down there. Try taking some miralax with Gatorade for a couple days see if that works...and drink lots of water. Now I understand the need for lots of water! Makes a world of difference!

Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
    iceq
    (male)

iceq HB User

Hi and thank you very much Yellow84. May I ask you:
    1- what you mean by "being backed up"?
    2- You had bleeding, if nothing appeared in CT, what caused it then?
    3- Did you have actual constipation or just the "feeling" , the strain?

Thank you

Old 04-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
    Yellow84
    (female)

Yellow84 HB User

Well you see the doctor said that most think of being backed up as fecal impaction but only in the rectum...but he states that its common for stool to first become impacted in the right side of the colon. As far as the bleeding the CT and colonoscopy didnt show anything and when I asked about the cause the doctor had already left but the nurse said that he didn't mention anything about hemorroids...just that nothing was found. I did notice that the bleeding would happen after a strained bm but only on the toilet paper...bright red. And so my best guess is that I probably had a small anal fissure. I haven't had anymore bleeding but I also haven't strained as much. Before the prep cleanse I had thin soft stool that I was still straining through and other times I had hard lumpy stool...and when I had what I thought was a normal bm with no strain I still had the feeling of having to go and the pressure like something was stuck in there. It was very annoying..I also started to experience rectal spasms. Like I said the water really helps...and try to relax. When I started getting worried about cancer within days I started with the thin stool then the blood and hell from there. Health anxiety is so debilitating. :/

Closed Thread

Tags
    colon cancer, colorectal, constipation help, laxatives