It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Esophageal Message Board

Pierced Colon, then CT Scan shows 2.1 cm mass on Esophagus :(

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
Lisa711
(female)

Lisa711 HB User
Pierced Colon, then CT Scan shows 2.1 cm mass on Esophagus :(

Hello - hope someone can comment on my mysterious case. Thanks!
March / 2014 - endoscope to evaluate trouble swallowing and burning chec=st pain up on swallowing. It showed shotzki ring and small hiatal hernia. Relieved at the time with the diagnosis.I had a colonoscopy to help evaluate a mass on my left side that doesn't show on any CT scans and suffered a piercing. Rushed to ER, CT W contrast scaned to verify pierce and operated on. Terrible experience, but got out of hospital in 2 1/2 days with 3 inch verticle incision.

Weeks go by and I start feeling up to revisiting my health issues. Went to another gastro Dr. who looked at the records and saw the finding of a possible 2.1 cm mass. Here's the shocker - it was there in 2001, noted as a 2.7 cm mass.

I make an appt with Sloan Kettering and am worried, but hopeful as some of the Drs. I saw thought it could be a benign mass called a Leiomyoma.

Several weeks later (today) I go to the hospital to get records for my Sloan appt. on Tuesday and read that a 7 mm low attenuation lesion too small to characterize was found on my left kidney. Now I'm fearing metastic esophageal cancer. My symptoms are about the same from 3/14 - no better or worse.

Does anyone here have a slow growing cancer? What is the significance of the kindey mass? I read on a website that ot could mean a metastice has set in.
Thank you for your time and take good care. 51 years old.

Last edited by Lisa711; 10-09-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread