It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board

Kidney metastasis

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2015, 06:34 AM   #1
turandot
(male)

turandot HB User
Kidney metastasis

I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in March 2002 and had my left kidney removed . No chemo treatment as not applicable . All was well until September 2012 when the cancer metasised in my brain ,thyroid and lungs .
My whole brain was treated with radiotherapy and a few months later with the cyber knife . I was also treated with pazopanib 600 mls . The pazopanib has kept the tumours at bay until the present time September 2015. It has now stopped working and I am being treated with Axitinib . I am due another scan in December to see how it's doing.
Basically I'm writing this thread to inform anyone in a similar situation . I feel I've been very lucky to have gone so long .

The following user gives a hug of support to turandot:
parker1261 (09-15-2015)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Kidney metastasis

Thank you for sharing your story of longevity and hope after such a serious diagnosis. You have obviously had an extension of life longer than most with kidney cancer, and your positive attitude undoubtedly helped your treatment effectiveness. I admire your bravery and reaching out to others who may be going through similar difficulties. Thank you and good luck with your newest treatment regimen.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
turandot (09-14-2015)
Closed Thread