It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board

Two tiny tumors and low eGFR

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
Waterfall68
(female)

Waterfall68 HB User
Two tiny tumors and low eGFR

Hello everyone, I have been browsing this board and am very glad it is here. I have been looking for a place to talk about what is going on. So hello, nice to meet all of you!

At this point I have not been diagnosed with cancer and very well may not have it. Here's my story:

August of 2012 a ct scan of the abdomen done because of an injury showed a small hypodensity too small to characterize midpole left kidney. I only know this because I asked for my radiology reports. I had no health insurance so I researched on my own and came to the conclusion that it was probably a cyst.

July 2013. I had a ct scan of the abdomen due to severe left lower abdomen pain. Everything was normal except for a 5 mm lesion too small to definitely characterize left kidney but a possible angiomyolipoma.

December 2013. I had a ct scan of the abdomen and a 9 mm lesion in the left kidney again too difficult to definitely characterize but a probable angiomyolipoma and a small 3mm hypodensity lower pole right kidney.

December 2013 blood work normal except for low (59) eGFR. Urine test showed protein, red blood cells, leukocytes and protein

I now have health insurance and my general practitioner was going to have me come back for an ultrasound to check on the left kidney lesion in 3 to 4 months. When I asked him if it was normal for it to have almost doubled in size in five months he startled, looked at my chart and said, "No, I am referring you to a urologist".

I have been feeling very off, nauseous, loss of appetite, bad taste in my mouth, tired, get out of breath easily, pains in lower left quad and upper right quad.

So now I have to wait until I see the urologist. I am most frustrated that I was the one to request lab and radiology reports to look at, my doctor never mentioned the abnormal urine or blood test.

Anyway, that's what is going on with me right now. I am having a lot of anxiety about it; frankly I am terrified.

I am wondering if the tiny masses could really be causing low kidney function? Does the low eGFR mean it's more likely that the fast growing mass is cancer?

I am a healthy 45 year old woman with low blood pressure, normal blood sugar and low cholesterol. I am not overweight, I quit smoking 8 months ago, I don't drink alcohol and I try to eat organic and avoid GMO's, gluten and artificial crap.

Thanks for reading this and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
momo59
(female)

momo59 HB User
Re: Two tiny tumors and low eGFR

I had kidney cancer in 2003 It was in my right kidney. I had no symptoms.I was having gall bladder problems and thats what found it. Im here to tell you that you can live a perfectly normal life with one kidney. Mind you you do need to keep watch on the remaining one.

Closed Thread