It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board

• 19 year old- Should i be worried i have lung cancer?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
    psugirl
    (female)

psugirl HB User
    19 year old- Should i be worried i have lung cancer?

Hi,
    Due to mono in 10th grade, my immune system has been terrible ever since. I cannot fight off anything for the life of me. I take immune boosters, iron supplements as well as probiotics. Last year i had 4 cases of strep and a severe case of pneumonia. This year i had pneumonia in September and bronchitis in June. Now let me take you through a history of my teen life.

I am currently experiencing a terrible cough that has not gone away since the bronchitis in june.. but these past couple weeks have been exceptionally worse. My chest feels like theres weight on it, I'm finding it hard to breath at certain times and every time i cough (about once every other minute) i produce a thick yellow, green or brown mucus. I am aware i need to go to a doctor, but i LIVE at the doctors. i have been in and out of my college health services, urgent cares and my primary at home probably over 30 times in the last two years. They usually always diagnose me with something, but i feel like i have an underlying issue causing all of the infections. Of course i am googling away and now I'm psyching myself out about lung cancer.

I am a very scared 19 year old girl who is nervous/hesitant to tell aabout my youthful smoking to my parents and doctors. Should i be worried about lung cancer? Any advice at all would be appreciated!

Last edited by Administrator; 12-08-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #2
    journey
    (male)

journey HB User
    Re: 19 year old- Should i be worried i have lung cancer?

Unless your family has a history of lung cancer or you are constantly exposed to second hand smoke or you smoke yourself, I do not think it's lung cancer. Maybe it's another symptom you have like bronchitis. I suggest you visit a doctor now if you are that worried about it.

But if i were you, I would not be worried about lung cancer. You are only 19 years old!

Old 02-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #3
    psugirl
    (female)

psugirl HB User

Well my grandma had lung cancer. other grandparents have had other forms of cancer as well. As a teen i smoked things out of plastic/aluminum foil which scares me. i told my doc about it he said it wasn't a long enough period to worry about. Now i am still smoking such and tobacco products and/or juul ... cigs once in a blue moon but not habitual

Last edited by Moderator1; 02-06-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:00 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Do you still have your tonsils? If so, they may be the cause of all the infections. I finally had mine out at 25 and have never had another case of strep(am 72 now).

Reply Reply

Tags
    bronchitis, lung cancer, mononucleosis, pneaumonia, weed