It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board

Lung or lymphatic cancer??? Anyone can help?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2005, 08:08 AM   #1
Sebastia Vila
(male)

Sebastia Vila HB User
Lung or lymphatic cancer??? Anyone can help?

(First of all, I would like to apologize about my english).
In november-94 my father was diagnosed a lung cancer. He had a colon-cancer in 1995, that tumour was removed, and all the posterior checking’s went OK until the end of 1994. In fact, in october-94 he had the last revision and something called "tumoral marker" or similar was of 1.2. However, in one month he developed a very aggressive tumour and that number went up to 22.7. The main symptom was a very swollen neck (the lymph’s?). After many tests, R-X, TAC, etc, the doctor said to us that, although there were not very clears signs of the tumour in the lungs that would most probably be the origin of the cancer. (My dad was a heavy smoker until 1983, although he hasn't smoked a single cigarette since then). Therefore he started chemotherapy; he received four sets of a very strong chemo treatment. In fact, he could not resist the fourth set and he almost had a heart attack (he had to stay 8 days at the hospital). Surprisingly, after the first chemo-set (each lasted 21 days), the swelling almost completely disappeared, that was the last December.
Last week, he started again to complain about the neck, and in the last three days, his neck has swollen again. This morning we went back to the hospital, and now the doctors said they were not sure about their initial diagnostic. One of the doctors (the oncologist) believes that the type of tumour could be a lymphatic one, whereas another (pathologist) thinks that is most probably a lung cancer. Tomorrow, we are going back to carry out more tests to be sure about the type of tumour.
Has anyone heard of anything similar? I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
shadowrose40

shadowrose40 HB User
Re: Lung or lymphatic cancer??? Anyone can help?

HI

Did they not do a biopsy to decide what type of cancer it was? i'd think that would be the first step.

Good luck

Closed Thread