It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board

• how do i know when lung cancer has spread to the brain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
    kcoglio
    (female)

kcoglio HB User
    how do i know when lung cancer has spread to the brain

how do i know when lung cancer has spread to the brain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
    chaz50
    (male)

chaz50 HB User
    Re: how do i know when lung cancer has spread to the brain

I would think it would be a how far advanced the brain cancer had spread. With my father he had no symp from the cancer that had spread to his brain, with my mother she had problems with her vison, I remember her saying it looked like she was looking through a crystal stone. Hope this helps however a brain MRI or S scan it the only way to tell. I would think it would also depend on where in the brain the cancer had spread, different parts of the brain perform different functions.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
    snowmelts
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

snowmelts HB User
    Re: how do i know when lung cancer has spread to the brain

I will try to type but have vision problem from brain tumor spun off via lung cancer every one cancer pressing on optic nerve seems diff. for me. i had strep throat went to ER got pills later went to DR nurse eas very concerned my sight was all messed up. sent me to er for CT brain scan Jan 5 and later clled me and said get to hospital NOWand check in immediately. brain rumor showed on ct scan growing fast. so to icu we went.. was xIly 6 hour drip cof fhs tumor conteol med 16days in hospital another ct immediately medication to slow swelling of tumor lung bioposy next day portable port for chemo surguclly inserted oh yes very aggressive brain tumor shrinkage steroidsalso radiation stuff was done right awayzhrinkgwetreatment immediatly began. 1 day shospital. now home sine the 16th but they would not allow me to leave ospital without a specific brain tumor shrinking pill to take twice a day without fail or risk seasures or stroke. pherial vision is whats out of whack becaus of prssure of brain tumor. every weekday morning i go get radiation on it then on every tuesday I go have a long long day of chemo. yes sleeping is easy but if a person cant see very much I had hearing provlem before this so cant hea rmuch please excuse typing excuse typingeaitherthings are boring enought to sleep

Closed Thread