It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board

Should I wait 3 months for a new ct scan

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 4
vanlieu3 HB User
Should I wait 3 months for a new ct scan

Ok here goes In January I had a xray and showed a spot/mass on my upper right lobe close to the hilum. I then had a ct scan and it showed the mass, they still couldn't determine what it was, said it look suspicious. I then had a bronchoscopy the doc said he would be able to get the tissue he needed about 60 sure. He said it came back that he thought it was a infection, so he gave me a antibiotic. Also previously I had pneumonia I forgot to mention that is why I had the xray in the first place. Then after the antibiotic I was referred for a pet scan in Feb it did not light up for cancer anywhere. I was relieved. So then I was referred to a thoracic surgeon. He looked at all the scans etc and said he is 90 percent sure it is not cancer. That it is probably scar tissue from the pneumonia or some sort of previous infection. My question is this he wants me to wait 3 months and get it ct scanned again and then if it grows to get it out. I feel that I do not want to wait. He said it wouldn't matter 3 months. Has anyone ever been in my situation. I do not smoke I am 48, I am in pretty good health. I am overweight some and wonder if I am going crazy. My regular doc is not back till after the weekend monday. My regular primary care doc said if it was his wife he wouldnt wait. So I am confused. What would you all do?

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 4
vanlieu3 HB User
Re: Should I wait 3 months for a new ct scan

It's just that he wants me to wait three months and says that it might be scars or something to see if it grows. He said that 3 months will not matter. Should I find out if I should just get this taken out?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Lung nodule: should I have for 1 year or have the CT sooner long73 Cancer: Lung 7 12-22-2010 05:36 PM
What should we be asking? Betsypup Cancer: Lung 4 02-26-2010 01:14 PM
Shall I wait? jercat Cancer: Lung 6 02-11-2009 05:11 PM
i have 4 lumps on my lungs what should I do Prissy1 Cancer: Lung 0 10-27-2008 05:43 PM
Should i get another opinion ? charlies girl Cancer: Lung 2 10-08-2008 03:27 AM
Mom SCLC 6 months out summer2008 Family & Friends of Cancer Patients 7 04-12-2008 07:03 AM
What Should I Expect? Alicia.C Cancer: Lung 3 11-08-2006 01:14 AM
Come back in 6 months......Do we wait????? calista307 Cancer: Lung 7 10-30-2005 05:14 PM
MIL has been told she has 2-5 months curiousgeorgia Cancer: Lung 7 08-30-2005 08:35 AM
PET Scan vs. CT scan with contrast pentex Cancer: Lung 0 07-28-2003 06:44 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!