It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board

White color tissue in/on inner gum under molars

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2016, 09:25 AM   #1
Jaketex
(male)

Jaketex HB User
White color tissue in/on inner gum under molars

I have an area of concern just wanted to see if any one related to this.
I have an area of concern for me on my gum tissue (gingiva) under my last molars. That is white in color smooth surface Smooth with tongue and smooth when touched with finger I thought it could be leukoplakia but leukoplakia a little tougher texture from all the literature on it. Could also just be frictional keratosis but I am just worried and can't think straight I would go to doc but I am out of work at the moment. Thanks in advance! Am I able to post pics?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: White color tissue in/on inner gum under molars

yes, I believe that you are allowed to post photos.
How long have you had the white spot?Leukoplakia is a good first guess, and is benign.
Are you a smoker?

Old 03-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
Jaketex
(male)

Jaketex HB User
Re: White color tissue in/on inner gum under molars

Non smoker I originally thought lukoplakia but never read or seen picture of "smooth," leukoplakia. Only white color with smooth texture I've read and seen pictures only was of lichen planus but all the lichen planus I've read or seen pictures of look like tiny white **** or strings. I've had this area of concern for about 3 years plus posssibly since I have noticed it. Last year I made the mistake of trying to scrape away with a pick just for it to turn whiter. I've seen and read that when the oral cavity scars or has trauma it often becomes white in color but I do not know I am just too worried now to even think straight. That's why I posted here. I Want to post picture but I don't know how.

Reply Reply