It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board

Suspect this is just another money scam

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
Bailey57
(male)

Bailey57 HB User
Suspect this is just another money scam

Recently went to a doctor [friend] UCI trained Internist) who gave me Nystatin for suspected appearing Candida. 3 weeks later, not better, beginning minor pain in infrequently, size is about 1 cm. Went to Urgent Care and they gave me more Nystatin, said Cancer is crazy idea. Another 2 weeks later went to another Urgent Care, they suspected carcinoma, gave me a STAT order for CT scan. It showed nothing unusual except for a 1 cm lesion, no bony involvement, recommended an ENT. He wants to do endoscopy and a biopsy and another CT with contrast this time, and another blood test after having one 3 weeks ago. ***? This sounds like a well orchestrated game to get all the billable services; so do the therapies I read regarding oral cancers. They recommend surgery to get it all; but then radiation, just in case, and chemotherapy after that, just in case. Come on, I was born at night; but not last night. Maybe I'm a hard sell, or simply don't like pretense. Thoughts or similar experiences?

Last edited by Administrator; 06-18-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Suspect this is just another money scam

My thoughts are that you should listen to your doctors. The tests you are being told to have done are very important because if there is any chance this is a carcinoma, you absolutely need to catch it before it spreads.

If you ignore these suggestions and you get sicker or in a few years have advanced pain or problems, the only person you will kick is yourself.

Doctors do not make any money off ordering tests and insurance companies do not approve tests which are not necessary. If someone told me to have these tests- you better believe I would be having them. An Internist is a great doctor to have but is not equipped to make decisions regarding cancer. An ENT is used to seeing these things and is doing his job by protecting you from the "what ifs".

I hope it all turns out okay.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
YaYagirl (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
Bailey57
(male)

Bailey57 HB User
Re: Suspect this is just another money scam

Thanks for sharing. Are you familiar with Toluidine? It is a blue stain that is squirted in the mouth and viewed with alternate light giving immediate results with a high degree of accuracy; cheap, accurate and doesn't add additional risks like some of these procedures do.

Reply Reply