It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

Liver and pancreatic cancer and diabetic

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Prashanthk
(male)

Prashanthk HB User
Liver and pancreatic cancer and diabetic

Greetings to all. First of all my salute to all brave hearts who are fighting cancer and to friends and family who are doing their best to cure them. I know how it feels to know that your beloved one is not doing well and is suffering from a chronic disease. It really hurts and feel devastated but few things in life are inevitable. Well My father has been diagnosed with stage 4 metastasis cancer, he has gone through a lot of test and finally docs declared he has stage 4 cancer, with a poorly differentiated carcinoma from a possible gallbladder/pancreaticobilary primary. My father is diabetic and has chronic liver disease, from last 3 yrs we are treating him and he has shown improvement to treatment. Two weeks back he had severe back ache below right shoulder and started vomiting. We admitted him to near by hospital and there he was diagnosized of advanced cancer. All of sudden advanced stage, Oncologist said as he is very weak cheamotherapy is ruled out and would continue with medicines/pain killers. Oncologist also gave us very less time. After discharging from hospital he became very weak, he's sleeping a lot unable to speak and walk properly, lost weight. We are really worried not exactly sure what to do next. We are doing our best to maintain positivity at home but not sure what to expect next. We love him a lot and it's very hard to digest that he has very less time. Can someone really help me understand what to expect next, what all will be he's sufferings, how to handle those and last but not the least how much time he has. I know this is wrong question but want to know so that we can prepare a lot. Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply