It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

27 year old Help! Worried about Pancreatic Cancer

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #1
LillyBelle89
(female)

LillyBelle89 HB User
27 year old Help! Worried about Pancreatic Cancer

Hello,

I am a 27 year old female. I am a dance teacher and pretty active, although I don't have the best diet. I am aware I need to change to better food selections but I try my best each week to add in healthy veggies and fruits. I weigh about 135 lbs 5'9" and I've had no weight loss. I am scared I have pancreatic cancer or some other cancer. For the past 3 or 4 months I have had issues with my bowels which is weird for me because I am usually so regular. My mom was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer back in July but has had her surgery in September to remove all her tumors. She is doing great now and no radiation or chemotherapy was needed. This was a time of pure stress for me as I was having issues with my dance studio that I own as well. I have anxiety and I do not handle stress well. Now that she is fine and doing well and my business is doing good I figure I should have no reason to stress anymore. I went to the doctor in October to discuss my bowel issues. Since September (a few weeks before my moms surgery) I began to have loose stools that would float, lots of gas and sometimes diarreah. This only happens when I have to have a bowel movement, it isn't happening right after I eat or anything. Sometimes my stool is normal but not very large, then the rest that comes out will be loose or diarreah like. It is never usually watery, just loose. I have the same appetite and it happens regardless of what types of food I eat. I told my doctor and she said IBS right away. She told me i could try metamucil to bulk up my stool and eat fiber but that didn't help.She also said I could try a probiotic which I did and it didn't help. I was nauseated with it even when I ate and was burping a lot. I went to urgent care a month later just because I was worried I had an obstruction or something and they said "no, it's probably just your body reacting to the new probiotic you're taking." The doctor listened to my stomach and said it sounded perfect. I asked if I needed scans and they said no. I was still left unsure. I am a bit of a hypochondriac and I go to the doctor for everything. About 6 months ago before this starting happening I had a couple of blood tests done and they came back normal. I can't get I'm back into my doctor for a while and I am just concerned I have pancreatic cancer since my bowel issues aren't getting better regardless of how much I "relax" or eat. I notice my bowel movements will get much worse before I have my period which I hear is normal but it always seems I am just super gassy and never having normal poos. If anyone has any insight or input that would be greatly appreciated because I am freaking out! Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: 27 year old Help! Worried about Pancreatic Cancer

It could just be stress. Or it could be gallbladder issues though you don't report any pain or tightness in that area the rest of it sounds like gb. You'd need an ultrasound and a HIDA scan to rule that out.

Reply Reply