It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

So Scared !!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User
So Scared !!

I've been having a lot of stomach pain for about 2 weeks. I am out of state away from my Doctors. We just opened up our new winter home and have been here only a few weeks. I went to a local urgent vare and was sent for a CT scan of my abdomen. All I have been told is that they found a density in the soft tissue of my pancreatic head. No other information. I am now waiting for them to make appt. for an MRI. Has anyone had anything like this that was something other than cancer? I am a 60 yr. old female and I'm terrified and can't stop crying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2017, 04:52 AM   #2
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User
Re: So Scared !!

I am so sorry you are going through this. Pancreatic cancer is extremely rare and it is more likely to be a lipoma than anything. Other than stomach pain, have you had any other symptoms? Bowel issues etc.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:05 AM   #3
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User

Just the pain. No constipation or diarrhea. I just got over a bad case of bronchitis that began mid December. I was treated with 2 rounds of ZPack and prednisone. It lasted close to a month, now dealing with this right after.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #4
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techiegirl View Post
Just the pain. No constipation or diarrhea. I just got over a bad case of bronchitis that began mid December. I was treated with 2 rounds of ZPack and prednisone. It lasted close to a month, now dealing with this right after.
Thankyou for giving me another possibility that my symptoms seem to fit.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #5
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User

Well, as I said PC is really rare and most ppl say they experience debilitating fatigue with it or cough, indigestion etc

Old 01-28-2017, 07:10 AM   #6
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgrl View Post
Well, as I said PC is really rare and most ppl say they experience debilitating fatigue with it or cough, indigestion etc
I am sick! Very tired, only doing small tasks. I guess I have to wait for the MRI.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:36 AM   #7
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User

But you just had bronchitis. Your immune system is still recovering. when is your MRI?

Old 01-28-2017, 07:40 AM   #8
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User

They're slow here. Supposedly waiting for ins. approval to make the appt. Hope to hear back on Monday.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #9
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User

Are you in US? Also, I know in US if it's suspected that it may be something serious you are fast tracked. If CT would have shown something very suspicious, an MRI would've been given same day. They typically don't sit on these things

Old 01-28-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgrl View Post
Are you in US? Also, I know in US if it's suspected that it may be something serious you are fast tracked. If CT would have shown something very suspicious, an MRI would've been given same day. They typically don't sit on these things
Yes, I am in Florida but the health care is not what I'm used to being from Boston where our hospitals are superior. They just do things differently. I actually had a receptionist who answered the phone reading me the Radiologist report. She had no clue and of course the report was very upsetting. I still haven't been asked to speak to a real Dr. They had a PA talk to me and them a nurse. I'll be heading home if there is something serious. Thankyou so much for your concern.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:30 AM   #11
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User

I would expect a better level of care out of Florida especially. I live up north and love our healthcare system. Well keep me posted on your journey

Old 01-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #12
June Dewyngaert
(female)

June Dewyngaert HB User
Smile Re: So Scared !!

I'm sorry that you are so afraid and have to wait. Please be assured that, whatever the diagnosis, that you are not alone. As you have probably read here, as I have, there is so much support from wonderful people who are going through the same as you. I will pray for strength for you to help you through this trying time. Please try to stay positive until you have a determination. You're in my prayers. God Bless!

Old 01-29-2017, 02:24 AM   #13
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Dewyngaert View Post
I'm sorry that you are so afraid and have to wait. Please be assured that, whatever the diagnosis, that you are not alone. As you have probably read here, as I have, there is so much support from wonderful people who are going through the same as you. I will pray for strength for you to help you through this trying time. Please try to stay positive until you have a determination. You're in my prayers. God Bless!
Thankyou June, I am trying to hope for the best but I admit it is difficult. I'm supposed to be setting up and enjoying my new home and yet now I feel as though my life is on hold and I don't have the drive to do much of anything at this point. One Day at a Time. I'll get through this somehow. God Bless You !

Old 01-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #14
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User

Been thinking of you today and hoping they got you on the books for an MRI to get some answers.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:32 AM   #15
Techiegirl
(female)

Techiegirl HB User

I went back to the urgent care yesterday and was able to actually read the CT report. They failed to mention to me that in the summary it stated that the density was NOT typical of pancreatic malignancy. That's pretty significant. Also the size of the area is less than 1" ◊ 1". I got a lot of blood work done and my MRI is scheduled for tomorrow at 5:30 PM. Feeling more hopeful although I realize nothing is conclusive. Thankyou for caring, it means a lot!

Reply Reply