It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

What were your symptoms before being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
jtking
(male)

jtking HB User
What were your symptoms before being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?

Hi, I am a 22 year old male. For 3 years (since March 2014), I've had really bad problems with my bowels. It first started when I was going on business trips every month. I was a heavy smoker and was busy all the time, so I'd smoke whenever I had the chance (which was every hour). After smoking a cigarette, I had to go to the bathroom, and I had diarrhea and there was a lot of mucus with it, but didn't think anything of it. I just thought that it was because of something I ate. I woke up the next morning and had to go to the bathroom, and it was diarrhea with mucus again. I had to go about 6 or 7 times a day, and that lasted for 1 week. After that, I didn't have diarrhea. Instead, I was having bad constipation now. My stool wasn't dry, it was like normal stool, but it would never come out, only in bits. To this day, I still have that problem. I would get the urge to use the bathroom, so I would go, but it still would never come out. I get the urge to go about 3 times a day now. I knew I wasn't getting it all out because I can feel it, it's just sitting right there, but something is keeping it from coming out. After about a month of that, I had gotten hemorrhoids (really bad ones). It's been about 3 years since I've had the hemorrhoids and now I think they are thrombosed. I thought that they would go away on their own, but they never went away. It got to a point where it hurt so bad to use the bathroom I would cry everytime I went. I was in a really dark place in my life just last year. It was constantly on my mind. I stopped going out and staying with friends because I could never get my stool out. I bled every time I went to the bathroom, I didn't want to go out wondering if I stink or was scared I'd need to use the bathroom. I was dead inside. I stopped caring about everything, I was crying everyday because of the pain, and nobody understood what I was going through. Every now and then there's this pain in my abdomen on the left side just below my ribcage. I'd get that pain when I couldn't get all my stool out, or it would just hurt out of nowhere. I also have pain in my mid-back every now and then, and it hurts to twist around (like i'm being stabbed multiple times). I've been to the hospital dozens of times, and the doctors aren't any help. They just told me to take Metamucil everyday along with stool softeners (my stool is always soft, it's never been hard. I just have trouble getting it out). They've taken dozens of vials of my blood, but I don't know what they were testing it for. One doctor even told me that it was all just in my head and she compared what I was going through with her bum knee. Telling me that her knee is sore everyday but she doesn't think about it. I got so mad when she said that because she had no idea what I was going through and just walked out crying without finishing the appointment. In December 2015 I had a sinus infection, and it's stayed with me since. They've given me nasal spray, but that messed with my stomach (it just made it harder to get my stool out). And now, I have the sinus infection and thick mucus in my stool. The mucus comes out every time I go to the bathroom and it's a lot. Sometimes when I use the bathroom, it's nothing but mucus. For about 5 months now, I've been exhausted everyday, I feel weak. I also feel nauseous sometimes. All this is still happening and now I've lost hope because the doctors think this is all in my head or that I'm not taking enough fiber (which I have been). Can someone help and explain what you were going through? I'm scared it might be pancreatic cancer. I'm sorry for the long story, but I didn't want to leave anything out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
Cibb
(female)

Cibb HB User
Re: What were your symptoms before being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?

It sounds like you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBS. Make an appt to see a GI doctor, a Gastroeneterologist. You do not have Pancreatic cancer. Those are not the symptoms of it.

Reply Reply