It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

These symptoms before your PC diagnosis? EUS tomorrow

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
Bethany50 HB User
These symptoms before your PC diagnosis? EUS tomorrow

Hello and thank you for reading my post.

I am a 50 years old female. I feel blessed to have a wonderful gastro Dr who is being proactive in my care.

Within the last 3 months I have lost 15 pounds. Maybe due to nerves/worry and maybe due to the pancreatic issue.

As I am sitting in a chair typing this post, my left flank area feels sore extending up and down my left side.

About a month ago I started to have upper left abdominal pain (Below my left ribs) with pain shooting straight to the back, left flank pain radiating to my mid to lower back.

- Pain will last for a few days - intense and feeling like I have a balloon filled with air wraped around my left flank - painful and uncomfortable.

- Other days it feels like a heaviness in the left flank

- Some days I have the pain while walking around and other days its minimal and I know its there.

- Having Pain/discomfort radiating up my back between my shoulder blades and then below my shoulders blades mid back.

-No stomach issues: No heartburn, No nausea after eating, no vomiting after eating, no pain or discomfort after eating. I am eating a little less out of worry but I do have an appetite and I eat three meals a day. I started drinking 2 bottles of boost per day for the last three days and have put on 2 pounds (I am a plus size lady). I just wanted to see if I could gain a couple of pounds or if I continued to lose weight while on boost.

- My BM's are normal, urine color normal, skin color is normal, No fevers, a little itching but I have a history of itchy skin. No rashes. I do have the urge to urniate more even though at times not much comes out, No fatigue.

- Blood work shows MCV and MCH are slightly low by 1 point, RBC slightly elevated by 1 point. Liver enzymes normal, blood glucose normal range.

- Cat Scan Abdomen/Pelvis was negative, EGD and Colonoscopy negative.

- History of gallstones and have had one attack 7 years ago but none since then.

- I went bowling a couple of days ago and now my knee is swollen and also swollen above the knee and below it. A little painful. First time this has ever happened. I have read other postings about blood clots with PC and didn't know if this was related.

My gastro Dr has scheduled me for an Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) to see where the pain is coming from - He states its coming from the pancreas. If it is, I am not aware of anything else it could be but PC.

Wondering if anyone was diagnosed with PC with the symptoms I am experiencing.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post and assist me. I wish you the very best.

Last edited by Bethany50; 02-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Reply Reply