It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

• Pc Worry

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-18-2019, 06:19 AM   #1
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User
    Pc Worry

Iím a 36 year old female. Hereís a brief history:

In May 2016 I went for a routine physical that revealed elevated bilirubin levels at 2.1. To make a long story short, I received an abdominal ultrasound, colonoscopy, endoscopy and everything came back completely normal. (I do suffer from acid reflux and GERD). My bilirubin levels return to normal about six months later and GI doctors said it was likely Gilbertís Syndrome. All of my labs in the following years have been normal.

Iíve always had right sided stomach and kidney area pain. About a week ago I had severe right flank pain and the next morning when I woke up I urinated all blood was severe burning. I went to my local MedExpress who tested my urine and said there was a lot of blood but no infection but due to the burning during urination gave me an anabiotic which seemed to help the pain and burning and it seemed to clear

The day after taking the anabiotic I started to get upper left abdominal pain right under my left breast and into my ribs wrapping around to my back and shoulder. Itís a dull aching sensation that isnít necessarily painful but seems to always be there.

Of course I have made the dreaded mistake of consulting Dr. Google and now Iím convinced that I have pancreatic cancer I understand no one can diagnose me here and I do have an appointment later today with my doctor but Iím just curious if this sounds suspicious to anyone else or if they have had anything like this occur?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Pc Worry

You don't mention a HIDA Scan. That's a standard test for gallbladder function. After the negative u/s and the elevated billirubin, I'm surprised they didn't do one. It's pretty standard. The right side pain and the pain going around your back and in your shoulder are also gb symptoms.. And the antibiotic seems to have taken care of the blood in your urine issue. What did the doctor say today?

Old 09-18-2019, 05:04 PM   #3
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    You don't mention a HIDA Scan. That's a standard test for gallbladder function. After the negative u/s and the elevated billirubin, I'm surprised they didn't do one. It's pretty standard. The right side pain and the pain going around your back and in your shoulder are also gb symptoms.. And the antibiotic seems to have taken care of the blood in your urine issue. What did the doctor say today?

The pain originally was on the right in kidney area and back. Now itís upper left abdomen and flank. Dr didnít seemed phased one bit but I still had blood in my urine per dipstick test which sheís sending out. I get Labs and an abdominal X-ray tomorrow

Old 09-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

So my XRay was unremarkable (as expected) and my bloods were all good except Iím slightly deficient in Vitamin D and my lipase is 20 which is still normal but the low end of normal (lowest normal level is 14)

Now Iím more confused Bc of course I google these things and low vitamin d can indicate pancreatic cancer. (?) Iím just beside myself with this worry

Any experience or insight here?

Old 09-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Low vitamin D is common in women. You should add the recommended dosage to ensure your bones stay strong as you age, particularly if osteoporosis runs in your family. Talk with your gyno about this and other options. Vit D is also good for your immune system.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #6
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

Iím getting more frustrated by the day. So I still have blood in urine and upper left abdominal pain along with back pain. Everyone keeps saying kidney stone but why would I have this ache under my left breast?

I also Noticed pain in upper back right at bra line when i push My stomach out. I have Convinced myself itís pancreas related but bloods are normal. Drs will not send me for abdominal ultrasound

Iím beyond frustrated and scared

Old 09-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Maybe try another doc who do an u/s? As for the pain locations, things hurt in different places that you wouldn't think. Many gb sufferers report left side pain though it's on the right side! And your right side pain is where gb pain is. But if it is a stone, all this sounds normal as well. How long before it passes do they think? And are they still treaating the infection?

Old 09-24-2019, 04:17 PM   #8
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

Come to find out it was never an infection. Iím peeing brown flecks they believe to be stones etc. Iíve tried my GP and my OBGYN and neither will do an ultrasound.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:40 AM   #9
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Stones usually pass though they sometimes you need a procedure to break them up. If you have the ability to do so, a urologist would be a choice.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:40 AM   #10
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

But thatís the thing. Whose to say itís my kidneys? Iíve had no diagnostic testing. Iím just so scared itís pancreas related Iím just out of options bc Iíve tried both my doctors and they are acting like Iím crazy

Now granted I do have health anxiety and given my age of 36, it would be incredibly unlikely to be my pancreases but I just feel so defeated right now

Old 09-25-2019, 02:04 PM   #11
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Then call or go back to your doctor and ask him to explain to you WHY he thinks it's kidney stones and WHY he thinks it's not your pancreas. And then you need to listen to the explanation and not be thinking about a rebuttal to what he says.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:47 PM   #12
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

True. Thank you for taking the time to write me back itís truly appreciated. As I said, I have always been a worst-case scenario thinker. My OB/GYN called me back today and said that due to the blood in the urine that is why she is thinking itís kidney stones and then if Iím truly worried about my upper abdominal pain to either schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor again or go to the ER.

After giving it a little thought, Iím just going to go back to my doctor on Tuesday I donít think this is a true emergency and I donít want to take up the physicians time at the hospital with my excessive worry But worry nonetheless

Old 09-25-2019, 05:13 PM   #13
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GReat advice. Let us know what happens!

Old 09-27-2019, 04:44 AM   #14
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

And the hits just keep on coming. So to add to my ongoing issues, I am now Having constant explosive green diarrhea (sorry, TMI I know). The earliest I can see my doctor is Tuesday and I swear I dont know How I can wait that long. Iíve lost 4lbs this week bc I have zero appetite and the thought of food makes me sick. I dont Know if this is stomach or anxiety related but Iím going nuts with worry.

Everything Iíve read says green indicates bile but my bilirubin levels are well within normal range

Old 09-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #15
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

Update:

So after debilitating pain through the night I wound up in the emergency room. Long story short, they did a contrast CT scan and everything looked perfectly normal. They said this has to do with my Gerd and heartburn issues and are referring me back to my GI doctor

Thank you for the replies itís truly appreciated

Reply Reply

« Liver Cancer | - »