HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-pancreatic-liver/)
-   -   Forum Changes (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-pancreatic-liver/1048430-forum-changes.html)

ddessert 12-26-2019 09:44 AM

Forum Changes

It looks like not many members from the CancerForums have committed to this forum. What changes would you like to see that would make it more interesting?

RamblinWreck 12-26-2019 01:50 PM

Re: Forum Changes

Implement the longer signatures !!

ddessert 12-26-2019 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=RamblinWreck;5499196]Implement the longer signatures !![/QUOTE]

I was able to add a signature a few days ago but I donít think they show in the mobile version of the site.

Jamiepat 12-31-2019 04:20 PM

signatures were definitely one of the most helpful features of the old board.

Dand334 01-17-2020 03:43 PM

I'm here & will be posting more

Dand334 01-17-2020 03:49 PM

Agree with longer signature. Also photos added to our posts.

Sparkle Lolie 01-18-2020 02:33 AM

[QUOTE=ddessert;5499190]It looks like not many members from the CancerForums have committed to this forum. What changes would you like to see that would make it more interesting?[/QUOTE]

One of the most valuable things we lost was the knowledge contained in the stickied threads. Although it will take time, I'd really like to see similar stickies evolve here.

I also think that establishing a "worried" forum similar to the one on CancerForums might make the these forums more attractive, although if it weren't for "worried" posts in the lymphoma forum there'd be barely any threads at all.

I know that when I was first looking for information during my CRC scare, CancerForums came up towards the top in a Google search. I didn't come across this site at the time so it can't have been in the top results.

As I think the attractiveness of these forums to former CancerForums posters depends a great deal on how busy they individual boards are, the broader question might be how to drive traffic to the boards for specific cancers.

breg613 02-06-2020 08:59 AM

Hi,
It's hard to get used to this new forum. Signature and stickies were very useful. I also would prefer to have the liver and pancreas in separate sections.

Brigitte

ddessert 02-06-2020 10:43 AM

The room keeps telling me there is a new post to this thread by breg613, but it does not show up in the thread. NSFHB?

Edit: Hah! After I posted this, Brigitte's message showed up.

I would also change the responsiveness of this forum. Waaaay too slow to actually post after hitting the button. I'm always posting the same message twice.

breg613 02-06-2020 02:00 PM

Hi David!
I saw my post. Only 12 lines for the signature: that is a little short and there is no formatting possible. Not reader friendly.

I agree, very slow to be posted. It seems to require the approval of the moderator. Are you the moderator on this forum?

RamblinWreck 02-10-2020 07:11 PM

Dave:

I will go with your two suggestions:

1. Implement an even longer signature.

2. Split into liver and pancreatic cancer forums.

Tony Kehoe a.k.a., RamblinWreck (though most folks just say I am a wreck)

ddessert 02-19-2020 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=breg613;5500964]I agree, very slow to be posted. It seems to require the approval of the moderator. Are you the moderator on this forum?[/QUOTE]

LoL!

ddessert 02-19-2020 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=RamblinWreck;5501147]2. Split into liver and pancreatic cancer forums.
[/QUOTE]

The reply seems to be that if enough people post, it will be considered.

But if the house youíre invited to is not welcoming in the first place, are you going to go in and stay?