It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

• Keytruda ON

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-04-2020, 05:45 AM   #1
    ahmadsab
    (male)

ahmadsab HB User
    Keytruda ON

Hello Everybody,

been like 2 months i didn't visit the forums, and today i noticed everything have changed.
    anyways i dunno if you guys remember me, but here's our story with Pancan :

my dad was diagnosed on 27-06-2017 with pan stage 4, mets to liver and lungs.
    did 22 rounds of folfirinox in a period of 16 months aprox, he had a great response and was declared NED for 6 Consecutive months and he didn't had any treatment during those months.
    my dad capted Pseudomonas where his Immune system was vulnerable and cancer hit him back causing ascites building up and new mets on peritoneum.
    we changed his protocol to Gemzar+abraxane + cisplatine and he did like 14 sessions until we droped cisplatine because he couldn't handle anymore the side effects.
    he was declared NED also but we didn't stop the treatment, until December 2019 when he bleeded like 4 liters of blood because of esophageal varices , so he had to stop treatments for like 50 days until he recover back.
    -----------------------------------------------
    last scan showed activity on liver and lungs, so we decided to try to combine SBRT and Immunotherapy ( keytruda) his Doctors said that hitting those active cells will help destroy those cells, causing the pass of the proteins and cells to the blood stream, where his immune system can identify those cells and maybe his body will create an antibody to kill those cells with the white blood cells.
    and they wanted to combine those 5 fractions of Sbrt with Keytruda to help his body identify those cells and hopefully making him kill the cancer.

P.S: My dad doesn't have the MSI mutation or the MMR , but his doctors said that tumors that had different types of treatment are more likely to respond to immunotherapy drugs.

sorry for the long post, but is there anyone who had a success with keytruda without the MSI or MMR?

thanks and sorry for the long post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
    RamblinWreck
    (male)

RamblinWreck HB User
    Re: Keytruda ON

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ahmadsab View Post
    Hello Everybody,

been like 2 months i didn't visit the forums, and today i noticed everything have changed.
    anyways i dunno if you guys remember me, but here's our story with Pancan :

my dad was diagnosed on 27-06-2017 with pan stage 4, mets to liver and lungs.
    did 22 rounds of folfirinox in a period of 16 months aprox, he had a great response and was declared NED for 6 Consecutive months and he didn't had any treatment during those months.
    my dad capted Pseudomonas where his Immune system was vulnerable and cancer hit him back causing ascites building up and new mets on peritoneum.
    we changed his protocol to Gemzar+abraxane + cisplatine and he did like 14 sessions until we droped cisplatine because he couldn't handle anymore the side effects.
    he was declared NED also but we didn't stop the treatment, until December 2019 when he bleeded like 4 liters of blood because of esophageal varices , so he had to stop treatments for like 50 days until he recover back.
    -----------------------------------------------
    last scan showed activity on liver and lungs, so we decided to try to combine SBRT and Immunotherapy ( keytruda) his Doctors said that hitting those active cells will help destroy those cells, causing the pass of the proteins and cells to the blood stream, where his immune system can identify those cells and maybe his body will create an antibody to kill those cells with the white blood cells.
    and they wanted to combine those 5 fractions of Sbrt with Keytruda to help his body identify those cells and hopefully making him kill the cancer.

P.S: My dad doesn't have the MSI mutation or the MMR , but his doctors said that tumors that had different types of treatment are more likely to respond to immunotherapy drugs.

sorry for the long post, but is there anyone who had a success with keytruda without the MSI or MMR?

thanks and sorry for the long post.
    Hello:

How is your dad doing ?

My wife has pancreatic cancer, and completed radiation treatment at Sloan back in mid February. The main pancreatic tumor is dead, but now she has peritoneal cancer (peritoneal carcinoma) and the dreaded ascites.

The doctors want to now try Gemzar and Abraxane instead the previously effective Folfirinox. The only reason the Folfirinox was discontinued was because we started radiation treatments to fight the tumor a little more aggressively.

She has had low hemoglobin and low white blood cell counts recently, so maybe that's why they don't want to back to Folfirinox.

From what I have read, peritoneal carcinoma responds better to Folfirinox than Gemzar / Abraxane.

Also, I have read that immunotherapy responds better after the cancer has first gone through different, multiple treatments.

How has your dad responded to Keytruda ?
    7-19-19 - Abd CT Scan reveals pancreatic mass
    7-26-19 - Biopsy confirms adenocarcinoma
    8-8-19 - Start FOLFIRINOX once every two weeks.
    9-20-19 - End first four rounds of FOLFIRINOX.
    9-27-19 - CT scan reveals tumor reduced ~ 40%
    10-4-19 - Onc suggests chemo chng bec CA19-9 obtained at 1st & 2nd treatments is high. NO CA19-9 obtained at 3rd & 4th treatments. ONLY one CA19-9 post treatment initiation. I demand CA19-9 test before switchig.
    10-5-19 - CA19-9 test ~ 10 weeks after treat start is 9700. Staying with Folfirinox

Old 05-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
    KFarm

KFarm HB User
    Re: Keytruda ON

Hi
    We are literally in the same boat. Treatments for treatment.

We are unsure if the make-up of the tumors , we just know we have the brca gene so we are going into our 3rd keytruda infusion and have just add Lynparza back in with it. It doesn’t seem to be effective yet , but we are being hopeful .

Any update on your end?

Reply Reply