It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

• My dad is in hospice care

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
    venus3
    (female)

venus3 HB User
    My dad is in hospice care

My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on July 24. Initially, he was given 6mo-1year to live. But things when downhill quickly and he soon became too weak to receive chemo or any other treatment. He had to have a stent placed in his side to help drain the bile. The hardest part about all this that I'm currently in a different COUNTRY for school while my parents are in the states. I was planning to go home in october during my break but I talked to his doctor on the phone the other night and she said it's gotten so bad that she'd say he's only got about another month or so and my mom has already brought him home from the hospital for hospice care. So last night I booked a very expensive ticket to come home next week. It'll be worth it to see my dad again. I'm adopted, but I've always been daddy's little girl. I've been away for school for almost 5 years and it's so unfortunate that I couldn't be with him sooner. I've taken care of dying patient's so I'm aware of what to expect. Sight is one of the first senses to go. But hearing is the last, so always be careful with your words. Also remember to be very gentle when touching them. Think about how terrified and distressed they will be when they no longer have their sight and can barely speak.
    My mom is devastated. I'm mostly scared for what will happen to her when I go back to school. I'm an only child and my mom is the only one in her family that is in the states. It's terrifying and devastating and it feels so surreal. I'm still in shock that I'm going home to say goodbye to my dad...

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: venus3
    Chele60 (08-15-2013),KibblesnBits (08-15-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread