It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board

• Crazy or just concerned?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-25-2015, 03:22 PM   #1
    anxiousanna
    (female)

anxiousanna HB User
    Unhappy Crazy or just concerned?

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on something like this so please bare with me.

Background:
    I am 19 going on 20 this year and about 95 pounds. I am prescribed 150 mg of zoloft to control panic attacks which I have been taking for about 8 months now, and about 2 months of taking that specific dosage. I also have had a .25mg xanax prescription for about a month. I took it for the first two weeks but I have not taken it for about a week now.

The beginning:
    Around 4 months ago my abdominal area starting having a consistent burning sensation. It primarily occurred around my belly button or area around the bottom of my left rib, but it also occurred throughout the general abdominal area. I would tell people that I think I have a stomach ulcer because of how unusual it felt. About two months ago I began getting extremely nauseas, especially at night. It felt like how my birth control would make me feel, which is why I had to stop taking it. It was unbearable. Therefore, my appetite began to decrease. This was also accompanied by having diarrhea/very loose stools several times a week, no matter how much I avoided lactose, and I felt as if I was going more than normal. It seemed darker than usual too in certain spots. My period was also about a week late for the month of December, probably from the stress of feeling so sickly all the time. Also, my urine was consistently dark, regardless of my water intake which I was trying to greatly increase to change it. It would also seem murky.

The "solution":
    About two weeks ago I finally went to the doctors for the constant nausea, burning, and diarrhea. The day I went I had terrible, TERRIBLE diarrhea that made me get up early in the morning and started out looking typical but within 3 hours it was yellow, like baby poop yellow. I had never seen that before, and I thought I was going to have to deal with this all day and I could barely say a sentence without dry heaving. I got out of work(yes, I had to work an 8 hour shift at subway feeling like this) and immediately went to the doctors. I told them about the 3 main issues, and how my appetite was ruined because of the nausea so I had been eating probably only 1000 calories a day lately, and I would get full really fast. This was really unusual for me because I usually eat constantly. They took some blood, all which came out normal ,and a pee test to see if I was pregnant, also negative. They said I had acid reflux and gastroenteritis. So I got prescribed a proton pump inhibitor and medicine for the nausea. They also gave me a form for a stool sample kit.

The problem:
    And of course, I have not experienced a significant bowel movement since that appointment. It has been a little over 2 weeks since my last real one, which was the yellow diarrhea. All I have been able to produce is what looks like little rocks sometimes, like an inch in diameter maybe, and usually only 4 of them tops, sometimes together. They are very pale brown, have white string looking stuff(mucus), and sometimes have pinkish/orange or slightly yellow looking areas. I have probably been able to do this maybe 4 times tops over the two weeks. I get bad abdominal pain that feels like cramps sometimes, but doesn't really seem low enough to be menstrual cramps. The burning isn't as severe but the nausea still persists, they used to come together. The anti nausea medicine has increased my appetite, almost back to normal, and I have only taken the proton pump inhibitor about 3 times. I often get nauseas after eating. I have back pain constantly, also something I don't usually get unless I'm on my period but it has been going on for about two weeks, possibly longer, as well. It just keeps getting worse. I feel it all over at times, the lower back is the absolute worse though. I also have poor posture so some could be related to that. I gave in to taking Senokot yesterday, around 24 hours ago, because I could no longer stand the pain I kept feeling in those areas because I hadn't been "going" normally, although maybe I was giving myself those pains out of paranoia and stress of not having normal movements. But I have yet to have an actual movement, I was just able to produce one, literally one, little rock again, which was pale once again, but seemed to just be one color. However, for the past 3 days I have had horrible gas. And of course, I am bloated, but I wasn't when I was having the diarrhea and nausea, at that point I looked skinnier than ever before. I also have been getting the same sensation as if my blood sugar is low (not a diabetic though) sometimes shortly after eating. Which then I usually assume my body is telling me to eat more, so I try to. I am also now getting over a cold which started with a sore throat and bad cough, which is now a slight uncontrollable cough and a very runny nose. And lastly, I had my period at the very end of December so it may be coming up soon as well, incase any of those might be the true influence of how I feel.

My reason for coming to this:
    My mom thinks this is just a phase my body is going through and insists everything is fine, but I have found that many of my symptoms are similar to those in pancreatic cancer. Since I have GAD, most people think I am just being a hypochondriac so I don't have anyone that thinks I actually need to see a doctor. I know I am young so my chances are very slim but I also consume a lot of sugar and bad foods. So, readers, do you think I should be concerned?
    Am I being crazy?
    Or just concerned for good reasons?
    Is it just a bad mess of a bunch of little things occurring at the same time?

Last edited by Administrator; 01-25-2015 at 04:16 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to anxiousanna:
    Whiskers2005 (03-20-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
    Whiskers2005
    (female)

Whiskers2005 HB UserWhiskers2005 HB UserWhiskers2005 HB User
    Re: Crazy or just concerned?

This is just my opinion & I certainly don't want to worry you more, but it wouldn't hurt to see a GI dr. I've been reading up on the pancreas & gallbladder because I've been having some bad symptoms too. I can't see my GI dr. till Apr. 10. I also have very tiny stools as you described (very thin & very short), but this is why I get them: I'm gluten-intolerant. I no longer eat it because I can't stand the pain & also the smell. I have all colors of stools except for black, tarry or bloody. I've had anxiety for years, but it's under control now. I hate it when people tell others that they're just anxious & encourage them to ignore symptoms. I don't consider myself a hypochondriac at all. When I don't feel well, it's for a reason. If you do go to the doctor, please come back here & tell us what you found out. I'll be looking here to see. Wishing you the very best, anxiousanna.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:36 AM   #3
    Cdba
    (female)

Cdba HB User
    Re: Crazy or just concerned?

Hi. Have you found a diagnosis yet?

Reply Reply

Tags
    question, scared