It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board

• Hello, new member here.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #76
    ASAdvocate
    (male)

ASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB User
    Re: Hello, new member here.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prostatefree View Post
    You are referencing traditional MRIs. My doctor used one as well to map his surgery. Newer high power MRIs are being used now to detect cancer in the prostate.
    Johns Hopkins has been using 3T mp-MRIs for prostate imaging since 2012. They never use the MRI alone to identify PCa. They use a combination biopsy protocol of a systemic pattern plus any MRI identified lesions. The new Precision Point transperineal biopsy system is used. There are no infections or antibiotics needed with this.

There may be other esoteric methods like Busch’s in-bore MRI biopsies, or Klotz’ micro-ultrasound protocol, but, for now, the combined systemic and targeted biopsy is the most accurate method for diagnosing prostate cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #77
    DuginMT

DuginMT HB User

Just to clarify, I did have a 12-core biopsy and PC (Adenocarcenoma) was found in 2% of 1 core, about 8 months ago. If nothing short of radical treatment can stop its growth, ProstateFree, then it has
    grown since then. I'm scheduled for another check and possible biopsy this October. Also to clarify, the VA doc can send me to most any treatment center (outside the VA), with justification, and the VA would pick up the tab. However, I have had primary custody of my two boys, ages 12 and 15, since 2013. I have kept this issue from them, because I know my ex, and if she thanks I am sick or weak she will drag me back into custody court. That is why I want to keep my treatment local, and am leaning towards Cyberknife if needed. The cancer could possibly be stopped and the boys (and ex) would be none the wiser. From my reading, Cyberknife effectiveness is as good as prostate removal, and side effects, while different, are no worse overall for most.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:27 PM   #78
    DuginMT

DuginMT HB User

Just to clarify, I did have a 12-core biopsy and PC (Adenocarcenoma) was found in 2% of 1 core, about 8 months ago. If nothing short of radical treatment can stop its growth, ProstateFree, then it has
    grown since then. I'm scheduled for another check and possible biopsy this October. Also to clarify, the VA doc can send me to most any treatment center (outside the VA), with justification, and the VA would pick up the tab. However, I have had primary custody of my two boys, ages 12 and 15, since 2013. I have kept this issue from them, because I know my ex, and if she thanks I am sick or weak she will drag me back into custody court. That is why I want to keep my treatment local, and am leaning towards Cyberknife if needed. The cancer could possibly be stopped and the boys (and ex) would be none the wiser. From my reading, Cyberknife effectiveness is as good as prostate removal, and side effects, while different, are no worse overall for most. Thanks all.

Last edited by DuginMT; 05-23-2020 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Delete-Duplicate post

Old 05-23-2020, 07:54 PM   #79
    ASAdvocate
    (male)

ASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB User

“ From my reading, Cyberknife effectiveness is as good as prostate removal”

Actually, from the studies that I have read SBRT/Cyberknife is not “as good as”. It is twice as good!

What I mean is that the five and ten year studies show that the rate of recurrence with SBRT is half that of surgery. Only protons claim a better result.

So, IMHO, SBRT/Cyberknife is a smart choice.

Old 05-23-2020, 08:36 PM   #80
    DuginMT

DuginMT HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ASAdvocate View Post
    “ From my reading, Cyberknife effectiveness is as good as prostate removal”

Actually, from the studies that I have read SBRT/Cyberknife is not “as good as”. It is twice as good!

What I mean is that the five and ten year studies show that the rate of recurrence with SBRT is half that of surgery. Only protons claim a better result.

So, IMHO, SBRT/Cyberknife is a smart choice.
    That is good to hear! I like the idea of irradiating with no cutting. And it zaps a couple mm beyond the margins too. You are left with a scar-tissue, dead prostate, that still produces a PSA around 1, and contains gold fiduciaries. As a bit of a gold bug, I could live with that!

Old 06-15-2020, 12:25 PM   #81
    Karl1952
    (male)

Karl1952 HB User

Hello, due to a rising PSA level, I did an MRI of the prostate. Unfortunately there were some abnormal areas in my prostate, so I had to do a biopsy.
    The result of the biopsy was PC with a Gleason 7 (4+3). After some research on the internet I came across a new treatment method from Germany. The treatment is called TULSA PRO and I have been treated in the ALTA Klinik.

Now I try to tell you about my positive experiences so that you don't have to fear the prostate cancer!

The following user gives a hug of support to Karl1952:
    IADT3since2000 (06-17-2020)
    Old 06-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #82
    DuginMT

DuginMT HB User

Thanks Karl! We need to hear more success stories. Glad the treatment in Germany helped you out. What, basically, does TULSA PRO involve?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl1952 View Post
    Hello, due to a rising PSA level, I did an MRI of the prostate. Unfortunately there were some abnormal areas in my prostate, so I had to do a biopsy.
    The result of the biopsy was PC with a Gleason 7 (4+3). After some research on the internet I came across a new treatment method from Germany. The treatment is called TULSA PRO and I have been treated in the ALTA Klinik.

Now I try to tell you about my positive experiences so that you don't have to fear the prostate cancer!

Old 06-16-2020, 04:42 AM   #83
    Karl1952
    (male)

Karl1952 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DuginMT View Post
    Thanks Karl! We need to hear more success stories. Glad the treatment in Germany helped you out. What, basically, does TULSA PRO involve?
    The diseased tissue in the prostate is specifically cooked by heating and thus removed over time. It is a further development of the HiFu therapy.
    Healthy tissue and nerves are not treated.

Reply Reply