It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board

• Up-Date From Big Al Latest Results uPSA

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #16
    Bigalcalbisque
    (male)

Bigalcalbisque HB User
    Re: Up-Date From Big Al Latest Results uPSA

Talked to Radiologist today. As my PSA went from <0.02 to 0.02 right around my two year surgery anniversary after being non-detectable for about 21 months and then 3 months later hit 0.07 followed by a re-test at 0.06 and a subsequent test 3 months later 5-5-2020 that decreased to 0.03 my Radiologist felt nothing needs to be done and felt I should be checking PSA every 6 months now instead of 3 months. He felt that it was unusual but felt that it could simply be remaining prostate tissue around the seminal vesicles or another area after surgery. As the rise came fairly late after my surgery and went down substantially in a short period of time he did not seem to be extremely concerened. He said at this point it wasn't time to talk about Salvage Radiation Therapy but wants my Uro to keep a close eye out. Also I had talked to him years ago about adjuvant radiation therapy as I had a small positive margin but his feeling was that as my PSA was indicating as non-detectable after surgery that it would be impossible to declare that adjuvant radiation therapy had actually worked once completed and would have the potential of possible permanent negative affects.
    I agreed with that so will keep enjoying my life and be grateful and keep on checking the ole PSA.

Thanks Again!
    Pathology Report 10-2-2017 Gleason 7 (4-3)11 Lymph Nodes Negative/PT3A-PN0
    Positive Rt Posterior Margin Less than or = to 3mm. Urinary Bladder Neck Invasion/Not Identified. Seminal Vesicle Invasion/Not Identified. Tumor weight=48.6 Grams
    EPE Presnt Focal Right Posterior
    7 PSA tests every 3 months less than or = to .02
    PSA test 9-27-2019 .02
    PSA test 1-23-2020 .07
    PSA test 2-04 2020 .06
    PSA test 5-05-2020 .03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2020, 05:38 PM   #17
    DjinTonic
    (male)

DjinTonic HB UserDjinTonic HB UserDjinTonic HB UserDjinTonic HB UserDjinTonic HB UserDjinTonic HB UserDjinTonic HB User

OK, Big Al, but be vigilent. Two stats:

One study found 75% of the high-risk men encountering BCR did so in within the first 2 years post-op and 82% within 3 years.

2/3 of all-risk men encountering BCR do so within the first 2 years.

You are under the care of docs, and I am not a doc, but in your shoes and your recent, erratic PSA history, I would keep to 3-month testing. "Keeping a close eye" doesn't jive with 6-month testing. Could your rise be due entirely to remaining benign tissue? -- yes, however:

1. It may not be benign, or at least not all benign.

2. Your prostate was 100% benign tissue until PCa formed. And benign tissue can give rise to PCa again.

All the best,

Djin
    6-28-17 Bx #10: 2/14 cores: G10 (5+5) 50% RB, G9 (4+5) 3% RLM
    Nodule negative for PCa. Bone scan, CTs, X-rays: neg.
    8-7-17 Open RP, neg. frozen sections, Duke Regional Hosp.
    SM EPE BNI LVI SVI LNI(5L, 11R): negative, PNI+, nerves spared
    pT2c pN0 pMX, G9 (4+5) 5% of prostate (4.5x5x4 cm, 64 g)
    Dry; ED OK with sildenafil
    11-10-17 Decipher 0.37 Low Risk; 5-yr met risk 2.4%, 10-yr PCa mortality 3.3%
    LabCorp uPSA: 0.010 (3 mo.)0.015 (1 yr. 6 mo.)0.015 (2 yr. 4 mo.)

Old 05-19-2020, 10:46 PM   #18
    Bigalcalbisque
    (male)

Bigalcalbisque HB User

Djin,

Radiologist said every 6 months, trust me, it will be every 3 months. I have been told 6 months before and still have always done 3 months. 2.5 years ago both my Radiologist and Uro were extremely confident that my Cancer was completely contained with-in the Prostate. So much for that theory!
    Thanks for having my back!

Al
    Pathology Report 10-2-2017 Gleason 7 (4-3)11 Lymph Nodes Negative/PT3A-PN0
    Positive Rt Posterior Margin Less than or = to 3mm. Urinary Bladder Neck Invasion/Not Identified. Seminal Vesicle Invasion/Not Identified. Tumor weight=48.6 Grams
    EPE Presnt Focal Right Posterior
    7 PSA tests every 3 months less than or = to .02
    PSA test 9-27-2019 .02
    PSA test 1-23-2020 .07
    PSA test 2-04 2020 .06
    PSA test 5-05-2020 .03

Old 05-20-2020, 05:48 AM   #19
    Prostatefree
    (male)

Prostatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB User

It all points to recurrence however you look at it. There is no explanation for the 0.03 at the moment, but it's moot. The bounce explanation does not apply to you. With no prostate it should be essentially zero. The final explanation of it will be only for curiosity's sake.

Any one of your numbers you want to use (the 0.07/0.06, or the outlying 0.03) is at least two measurable (and significant) increases above the <0.02 when added to the loss of your < sign. Timing is also a clue. It took almost two years to lose the < sign and only 3 months to climb to 0.07 or the confirming 0.06.

Conclusion, imo, stop the supplements if not medically necessary and let the next test be unadulterated. You can go back to them if you want, but for now you want to know what the cancer is really doing in the background. With the 0.07 and confirming 0.06 you're well past the point of knowing it's doing something the supplements cannot stop.

Only a G4 can be producing those numbers. It is believed G3 can not survive outside the prostate and remnants of benign tissue will not produce the growth in your numbers you are seeing. It would have been there from the beginning of your post RP testing.

Reply Reply