It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board

• Six weeks out I知 getting pain while urinate and bleeding from penis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #1
    phil138
    (male)

phil138 HB User
    Red face Six weeks out I知 getting pain while urinate and bleeding from penis

Six weeks out from robotic prostate surgery I’m getting pain while urinating and bleeding from penis

It started just minor and then it became every time I got up I had severe pain while urinating and I ended up at the end of the day bleeding while urinating I’ve been to the hospital twice to check for urinary track infection but there was none identified yesterday

I tried to limit my water and I wasn’t bleeding that much but in the middle of the night I had to urinate and after urination I had such a drastic pain I’ve never felt at the tip of my penis it was like in the 10 scale so I tried to go back to sleep

And when I tried to get up to urinate again there was blood coming out of my penis again in the Urine and the pain drop down to like 50% it was bizarre it seem that the blood coming out made my pain go down anyone experience this I need some help I’m sick of going to the ER

I have to make an appointment with my urologist but I don’t know if this is normal I didn’t have any of these problems with pain until six weeks out I did have an occasional blood clot and blood coming out two weeks after surgery but that dissipated after two or three daysI don’t need it

I don’t know if I need a scope or is this just a normal part of healing from a scar tissue or irritated urethra appreciate any help

Last edited by HighlanderCFH; 11-27-2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: just added some white space

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
    SubDenis
    (male)

SubDenis HB UserSubDenis HB UserSubDenis HB UserSubDenis HB User
    Re: Six weeks out I知 getting pain while urinate and bleeding from penis

Sorry to hear that, I think you need to call your doctor. Denis
    65YO healthy man, PSA 5/17 4.6, MPMRI, 5/17 lesion. 13 core biopsy 3 positive 3+3 All cores less than 30% 8/17 - second opinion Yale (3+4) in one core, < 5%, decipher test shows intermediate risks. HDR BT completed 2/6/18. 5/3/18 3 month Post HDR BT PSA 1.3, 6 mo PSA 1.2. 1-year PSA 1.0, testosterone 475, 18 month PSA 0.4 Testosterone 524, 24 month PSA 0.4, 32 month PSA 0.4 Testosterone 391, 40 months PSA 0.3, Testosterone 630.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #3
    iMoone
    (male)

iMoone HB User

I had something similar about the same time frame. I spoken to my Uro and he was not concerned. He told me that was about the point in time when the sutures could have dissolved enough to break free. He said there could be some bleeding and discomfort. There were a few times that my urine seems to be more blood than anything. I even peed out some suture fragments ... which was not comfortable.

That said ... mine only lasted a few days. Talking to your doc is the key.

Old 11-27-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
    HighlanderCFH
    (male)

HighlanderCFH has disabled reputation

It does not sound like a common situation, but could also be something considered normal.

I agree with the others who advise you to contact your uro ASAP. Chances are that the uro will not be concerned -- but I would still call and get some peace of mind.

Good luck!!
    Chuck

Reply Reply