It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Cancer: Prostate Message Board

  • Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 04-27-2021, 03:10 AM   #16
    guitarhunter
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2019
    Location: Ohio
    Posts: 22
    guitarhunter HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coupe35 View Post
    90 times. Is that a misprint. I cannot imagine laying on the table and being stab 90 times. Were you awake.
    It was surgical and I was out for the entire procedure.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 04-28-2021, 10:39 PM   #17
    guitarhillbilly
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Posts: 224
    guitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    I cringe at the thought of 7 prostate biopsies. One and Done for me.
    __________________
    T2a / Gleason Score 8 / PSA at Diagnosis 6.9 /
    1-5 aggressive score : 4
    12 cores= 4 positive
    NBS = Negative
    Pelvic CT= Negative
    Pelvic MRI= Negative
    Age at Diagnosis= 60-65 age group
    Completed 42 IMRT Sessions
    Lupron scheduled for 2 years [Started DEC 2019]

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 06:35 AM   #18
    Prostatefree
    Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2019
    Posts: 391
    Prostatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB UserProstatefree HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Yeah, I was lucky, too. Only took one biopsy to find my cancer.
    __________________
    Born 1953; family w/PCa-grandfather, 3 brothers;
    7-12-04 PSA 1.9; 7-10-06 PSA 2.0; 8-30-07 PSA 3.2; 12-1-11 PSA 5.7; 5-16-12 PSA 4.76; 12-11-12 PSA 5.2; 3-7-16 PSA 7.2;
    3-14-16 TRUS biopsy, PCa 1%-60% across 8 of 12 samples, G3+3;
    5-4-16 DaVinci RP, Path-65g, lymph nodes, seminal vesicles, capsule, margin all neg, G3+4, T vol 35%, +pT2c, No Incontinence-6mos, Erections-14 months;
    1-15-21 PSA less than 0.02; zero club 4.5 yrs

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 09:26 AM   #19
    ASAdvocate
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2019
    Location: Alexandria, VA USA
    Posts: 186
    ASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guitarhillbilly View Post
    I cringe at the thought of 7 prostate biopsies. One and Done for me.
    Well, it's part of the program that I signed up for at JH in 2009. "You come in for all the required tests, and we will defer advising treatment as long as your pathology is stable."

    We each have our bargains to make. That was mine, and so far, so good,
    __________________
    In Active Surveillance program at Johns Hopkins since July 2009.

    Seven biopsies from 2009 to 2021. Three were were positive with 5% Gleason(3+3) found.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2021, 11:12 PM   #20
    guitarhillbilly
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Posts: 224
    guitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ASAdvocate View Post
    Well, it's part of the program that I signed up for at JH in 2009. "You come in for all the required tests, and we will defer advising treatment as long as your pathology is stable."

    We each have our bargains to make. That was mine, and so far, so good,
    I'm very glad you have a good report.
    __________________
    T2a / Gleason Score 8 / PSA at Diagnosis 6.9 /
    1-5 aggressive score : 4
    12 cores= 4 positive
    NBS = Negative
    Pelvic CT= Negative
    Pelvic MRI= Negative
    Age at Diagnosis= 60-65 age group
    Completed 42 IMRT Sessions
    Lupron scheduled for 2 years [Started DEC 2019]

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 04-30-2021, 08:52 AM   #21
    duckinator
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2020
    Location: MO
    Posts: 15
    duckinator HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    I've had two biopsies by different URs, and there can be quite a variation in the comfort level. My first one, while not as bad as my buddies had warned, was not something I wanted to do over and over. So I went into the second with some trepidation. This UR had a better process - in and out while the local anesthesia was at maximum effect. When my tongue went warm/numb he said that meant he hit the right spot. Not bad at all!
    __________________
    PSA at 4.2 10/2019
    Diagnosed PCa 11/21/2019 small volume 3+3 thus AS
    PSA at 3.9 4/2020
    PSA at 4.4 6/2020
    PSA at 4.9 11/2020
    PSA at 4.7 1/2021

    2021 - 3TmpMRI then fusion biopsy
    3+4 in a 7mm lesion , 3+4 nearby, and 3+3 on other side.

    DOB 1961 --> 59 years old. taking Flomax and sometimes 10-20 mg vitamin V

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 06:56 AM   #22
    guitarhillbilly
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Posts: 224
    guitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by duckinator View Post
    I've had two biopsies by different URs, and there can be quite a variation in the comfort level. My first one, while not as bad as my buddies had warned, was not something I wanted to do over and over. So I went into the second with some trepidation. This UR had a better process - in and out while the local anesthesia was at maximum effect. When my tongue went warm/numb he said that meant he hit the right spot. Not bad at all!
    The issue for me was not the actual TRUS biopsy itself but the post procedure risk for infection. The TPUS method my UR performs requires General Anesthesia and performed in the OR. I do not like repeated risk of of either method. Every time one goes under GA risks are involved.
    The biopsy itself was not bad at all and I experienced very mild discomfort.
    __________________
    T2a / Gleason Score 8 / PSA at Diagnosis 6.9 /
    1-5 aggressive score : 4
    12 cores= 4 positive
    NBS = Negative
    Pelvic CT= Negative
    Pelvic MRI= Negative
    Age at Diagnosis= 60-65 age group
    Completed 42 IMRT Sessions
    Lupron scheduled for 2 years [Started DEC 2019]

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #23
    ASAdvocate
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2019
    Location: Alexandria, VA USA
    Posts: 186
    ASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guitarhillbilly View Post
    The issue for me was not the actual TRUS biopsy itself but the post procedure risk for infection. The TPUS method my UR performs requires General Anesthesia and performed in the OR. I do not like repeated risk of of either method. Every time one goes under GA risks are involved.
    The biopsy itself was not bad at all and I experienced very mild discomfort.
    That is why the Precision Point transperineal biopsy device is being bought by more and more practices. No OR, no GA, no antibiotics, and no infections. Only 12 cores plus any imaging targets.

     
    Reply With Quote
    The Following User Says Thank You to ASAdvocate For This Useful Post:
    IADT3since2000 (05-02-2021)
    Old 05-02-2021, 10:23 AM   #24
    guitarhillbilly
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Posts: 224
    guitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ASAdvocate View Post
    That is why the Precision Point transperineal biopsy device is being bought by more and more practices. No OR, no GA, no antibiotics, and no infections. Only 12 cores plus any imaging targets.
    Unfortunately not everyone has access to Precision Point or can afford to travel to some place that does PP.
    And I'm guessing PP was was not as widely available as much 1.5 years ago as it is today. Plus some folks Insurance coverage always seem to lag the advances in medicine.

    Quote:
    "BXTAccelyon is working with leading urologists, clinical nurse specialists and thought leaders in the field of prostate cancer diagnosis to eradicate TRUS biopsy, in favour of LATP as the new standard of care.

    We have established regional centres of clinical excellence across Europe, Australia and New Zealand, as part of an international training programme designed to increase the number of consultants, registrars and clinical nurse specialists skilled in this new advanced prostate biopsy technique."

    The United States is not even mentioned in this article.

    I just typed my zip code in this website MD Provider search listed below and No One near me was the result. I live a a metro area over 600,000 people. No PP MD shown in my state.

    https://perineologic.com/precisionpoint/

    The greatest medical procedures in the world are great for the folks that have access to them but not worth 2 cents for the folks that don't.


    ONE AND DONE for me.
    __________________
    T2a / Gleason Score 8 / PSA at Diagnosis 6.9 /
    1-5 aggressive score : 4
    12 cores= 4 positive
    NBS = Negative
    Pelvic CT= Negative
    Pelvic MRI= Negative
    Age at Diagnosis= 60-65 age group
    Completed 42 IMRT Sessions
    Lupron scheduled for 2 years [Started DEC 2019]

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 11:26 AM   #25
    coupe35
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Posts: 14
    coupe35 HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guitarhillbilly View Post
    Unfortunately not everyone has access to Precision Point or can afford to travel to some place that does PP.
    And I'm guessing PP was was not as widely available as much 1.5 years ago as it is today. Plus some folks Insurance coverage always seem to lag the advances in medicine.

    Quote:
    "BXTAccelyon is working with leading urologists, clinical nurse specialists and thought leaders in the field of prostate cancer diagnosis to eradicate TRUS biopsy, in favour of LATP as the new standard of care.

    We have established regional centres of clinical excellence across Europe, Australia and New Zealand, as part of an international training programme designed to increase the number of consultants, registrars and clinical nurse specialists skilled in this new advanced prostate biopsy technique."

    The United States is not even mentioned in this article.

    ONE AND DONE for me.
    Is precision point the same as having an MRI to locate suspicious areas, give it a RAD score and then have a guided biopsy to those areas of suspicion.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 11:51 AM   #26
    guitarhillbilly
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Posts: 224
    guitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB Userguitarhillbilly HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coupe35 View Post
    Is precision point the same as having an MRI to locate suspicious areas, give it a RAD score and then have a guided biopsy to those areas of suspicion.
    https://perineologic.com/precisionpoint/
    __________________
    T2a / Gleason Score 8 / PSA at Diagnosis 6.9 /
    1-5 aggressive score : 4
    12 cores= 4 positive
    NBS = Negative
    Pelvic CT= Negative
    Pelvic MRI= Negative
    Age at Diagnosis= 60-65 age group
    Completed 42 IMRT Sessions
    Lupron scheduled for 2 years [Started DEC 2019]

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 12:45 PM   #27
    ASAdvocate
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2019
    Location: Alexandria, VA USA
    Posts: 186
    ASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB UserASAdvocate HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guitarhillbilly View Post
    Unfortunately not everyone has access to Precision Point or can afford to travel to some place that does PP.
    And I'm guessing PP was was not as widely available as much 1.5 years ago as it is today. Plus some folks Insurance coverage always seem to lag the advances in

    Quote:
    "BXTAccelyon is working with leading urologists, clinical nurse specialists and thought leaders in the field of prostate cancer diagnosis to eradicate TRUS biopsy, in favour of LATP as the new standard of care.

    We have established regional centres of clinical excellence across Europe, Australia and New Zealand, as part of an international training programme designed to increase the number of consultants, registrars and clinical nurse specialists skilled in this new advanced prostate biopsy technique."

    The United States is not even mentioned in this article.

    I just typed my zip code in this website MD Provider search listed below and No One near me was the result. I live a a metro area over 600,000 people. No PP MD shown in my state.

    https://perineologic.com/precisionpoint/

    The greatest medical procedures in the world are great for the folks that have access to them but not worth 2 cents for the folks that don't.


    ONE AND DONE for me.
    The organization you cited is the major international distributor for Precision Point, which is headquartered in Maryland.

    “BXTAccelyon from twitter.com
    BXTAccelyon is a leading provider of LDR Brachytherapy treatment worldwide and distribution partner for the PrecisionPoint Transperineal Access System.”

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2021, 01:00 PM   #28
    coupe35
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Posts: 14
    coupe35 HB User
    Re: Results from my Seventh Prostate Biopsy

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guitarhillbilly View Post
    https://perineologic.com/precisionpoint/

    I saw a you tube of the procedure. Not for me.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:01 PM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!