It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board

• PSA of .7 but I have a lump on the right side of my prostate

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
    Aergnat
    (male)

Aergnat HB User
    PSA of .7 but I have a lump on the right side of my prostate

I went to a urologist for E.D. and frequent urination. I had already had blood work done and my PSA was .7 which is very low. Upon examining my prostate by doing a DRE, he found a hard lump on the right side of my prostate. He scheduled a biopsy in 2 weeks. He said it could be a benign or malignant tumor or calcification.
    I'm hoping it's the latter since my PSA does not indicate cancer from what I've read so far.
    Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm 63 years of age.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
    David2
    (male)

David2 HB User
    Wink Re: PSA of .7 but I have a lump on the right side of my prostate

Hi Aergnat,
    I had the same experience as you are having now, and was a little reticent to have a biopsy, however, although the prostate was not swollen, the biopsy revealed hi grade Cancer in 12 of 14 segments taken.
    It was also too late to remove the prostate as "Micro tendrils" had left the capsule. I then had to start a very long and painful journey to cure the problem, along the way they also found Bladder cancer, so now I am still fighting that. I am now in my third year, and the Bladder Cancer has just returned. But you must seek all the diagnostic procedures ASAP for if you don't and your prostate problems are more advanced than you think they are you are in for a rough ride. However if you catch it early, you can get it taken out PDQ(Pretty Damn Quick) then your problems are over. Well Keep your chin up and push your Urologist for a fast result. All the best. David

Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
    Aergnat
    (male)

Aergnat HB User
    Re: PSA of .7 but I have a lump on the right side of my prostate

David,

Thanks for your information albeit upsetting. I'm going to a different urologist today for another exam and a second opinion. Hopefully he will be able to schedule a biopsy sooner than 2 weeks from now which was the soonest my other urologist could do.
    Question, were any of your other cell levels abnormal? High white blood cells, etc?
    My recent blood work all reads normal.
    Thanks in advance.
    Aergnat

Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
    David2
    (male)

David2 HB User
    Smile Re: PSA of .7 but I have a lump on the right side of my prostate

Hi Aergnat,
    Sorry if my post was a little upsetting for you, but we long in the tooth Cancer veterans, get a little hardened to the realities of this awful disease, and tend to forget how we felt when we were first told about the cancer, sorry.

To answer your point about white blood cell counts, Yes my count was a little low, but this is to be expected as the white blood cells are trying to destroy the foreign body that is attacking you (the Cancer). By doing this they die off and end up passing through the body via urine.

This is why diet is so very important when you are undergoing any treatment you may have. Keep your strength up to create more replacement cells, thereby letting the bodies natural defenses help fight the cancer. Hope this helps , Chin up!!!

Regards David

Closed Thread

Tags
    low psa, nodule, prostate cancer