It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board

• Spot on the lung

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
    Feorais
    (male)

Feorais HB User
    Spot on the lung

I hace Pca for last 6 years. I am aged 70. After radiation and androgen deprivation therapy I am in remission as my PSA has been steady at 0.1 for almost 3 years now. However,I recently had a display of blood in my sputum so had an X Ray and it revealed a spot on my lung.Now am going for a CT scan. I am concerned that the cancer may have metastastised.Has anyone else had this experience and how has it turned out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
    Baptista
    Veteran
    (male)

Baptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB User
    Re: Spot on the lung

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feorais View Post
    I hace Pca for last 6 years. I am aged 70. After radiation and androgen deprivation therapy I am in remission as my PSA has been steady at 0.1 for almost 3 years now. However,I recently had a display of blood in my sputum so had an X Ray and it revealed a spot on my lung.Now am going for a CT scan. I am concerned that the cancer may have metastastised.Has anyone else had this experience and how has it turned out?
    Unfortunately it is possible to have metastases even at remission levels of PSA. It is said that there are 24 kinds of Prostate cancer and some produce very low levels of PSA serum or even zero levels.
    Such requires us to be "vigilant" and follow a series of periodical tests, not just the PSA.
    The testosterone should be checked to verify the efficacy of agonists (HT drugs). MRI and Bone scans for possible metastases, lipids (diabetes) and ECG (heart health), Dexa scan for bone loss, etc.
    Nutrition and physical fitness are also important to follow as a regimen.

In any case, you do not know yet if that "spot" in the lung is in fact PCa.

I hope it came out to be negative.
    Best wishes.

Baptista

Old 09-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #3
    Feorais
    (male)

Feorais HB User

HI Baptista-many thanks for your reply to my first post, and from the Algarve no less!What a lovely place to be, my wife and I visited there a couple of times when we were in better health.Anyway, my testosterone is just at normal level.I have osteoporosis and am on Prolia injection twice a year for that and I take 2 Calcichew D3 Forte daily, not good for the heart I know but what can you do? I also have intractable A.Fib.

for many years.I walk about 2 miles a day but this is curtailed by painful hips for the lat 6 months.I am going for the CT tomorrow re the lung spot.I think the oncologists here are not very interested in MRI's and bone scans and seem to be satisfied with a consistently low PSA and unremarkable DRE once a year- not even interested in a % free type of PSA.However, I am going to try to get one of these PSA's done in the next few weeks.I am trying to learn the ropes on this new site and will keep you informed as soon as I know anything. Many thanks and all the best for now.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
    Feorais
    (male)

Feorais HB User

Just to let you know that the X Ray showed 3.0 cm ill-defined opacity in the thorax midzone, with a recommendation that a CT scan be done. Result of this said " CT Thorax shows just inflammatory changes". So all appears to be ok- a great relief I can tell you!
    Feorais

The following user gives a hug of support to Feorais:
    Baptista (09-17-2013)
    Old 09-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
    Baptista
    Veteran
    (male)

Baptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB User

Thanks for the relieving news.
    Hope your good status continues.

Best
    Baptista

Closed Thread