It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

Is this a sign of skin cancer?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
LittleRebz
(female)

LittleRebz HB User
Unhappy Is this a sign of skin cancer?

Since summer I have been getting so many new moles all over my body. I am pretty sure I have over 20 now and I feel like this is not normal. I don't have anyone in my family that has this many moles like me. I was wondering if this could be a sign of cancer and if there are any ways to prevent or avoid more moles? It is not sunny anymore so I haven't been using sunscreen, should I consider using it again...like everyday? It seems a bit drastic to wear it everyday though...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
dkd1962
(female)

dkd1962 HB User
Re: Is this a sign of skin cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRebz View Post
Since summer I have been getting so many new moles all over my body. I am pretty sure I have over 20 now and I feel like this is not normal. I don't have anyone in my family that has this many moles like me. I was wondering if this could be a sign of cancer and if there are any ways to prevent or avoid more moles? It is not sunny anymore so I haven't been using sunscreen, should I consider using it again...like everyday? It seems a bit drastic to wear it everyday though...

Old 11-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
dkd1962
(female)

dkd1962 HB User
Smile Re: Is this a sign of skin cancer?

Hello, LittleRebz
The best thing you can do is see a Dermatologist I have had three different types of skin cancer, One being a melanoma. I know have my skin checked every three months. My doctor told me to use at least 70 sun lotion even when it is cloudy uva rays come through the clouds and damage skin. Also wear sunglasses while outside even in a car, You want 100% uva protection for your eyes. I look at my body at least once a week. If your not sure take a picture of it and see if it changes in any way. Check your back after showers. Last thing wear hats , It is better to be safe. Just to let you know my melanoma didn't spread and they got it all out. Please check with a doctor just for your own peace of mind.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
TLLgirl
(female)

TLLgirl HB User
Re: Is this a sign of skin cancer?

New moles, I've found, do not necessarily mean skin cancer. I have had my Dermatologist check a few new ones on me and she says they are fine.

The basal cell skin cancer I just had removed 2 days ago was NOT a mole (not trying to scare you). It was something that just appeared and slowly got worse. It turned into a lesion that was not getting better so I had it checked.

So try not to worry but I would definitely get anything checked by a dermatologist that you aren't sure about. Had I not looked into my "spot" I would never have known it was skin cancer.

Reply Reply

Tags
moles, skin, ugh!