It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

Looks like a birthmark, I think it's a bruise. Should I be concerned?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
bryn503
(male)

bryn503 HB User
Looks like a birthmark, I think it's a bruise. Should I be concerned?

Hi everyone,

So, I have this spot on my hip that I noticed back on July 4th, that looks a lot like a birthmark, but isn't something I've had since birth. The thing is, on the night before I first saw the spot, I fell on my hip right where the spot is at the bowling alley, so I think it might just be a bruise. However, it really doesn't look like a bruise, and while my fiance and I both *think* it's faded in color since then, it is still around almost 3 weeks later. It hasn't grown in size, but I can't say for certain that it's gotten smaller. It's all one color, but is an odd shape and about 2.5 inches at the longest ends.

This is a picture of the spot, it's on the lower part of my left hip:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2d7g3tc.jpg

I had an annual screening at my dermatologist back in mid-April, and this certainly wasn't around then, but I'm getting more and more anxious about the spot as days go by and it doesn't go away.

I have an appointment with my family doctor on the 3rd of August, but I wanted to get the opinions of others to try to figure out if I'm just being overly anxious (common for me) or if I should be rushing to the dermatologist ASAP.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply