It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

Squamous Cell Skin Surgery

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
Magskatie
(female)

Magskatie HB User
Squamous Cell Skin Surgery

Hi I haven't posted in a while. I was just recently (August 18) diagnosed with a squamous cell skin cancer on my right leg, below the knee. It just started out as a small red mark and then developed some pus. It resembled a spider bite as I told my Dermatologist during my annual skin cancer checkup. She said it appeared to look like a squamous cell which the biopsy proved. So much for my diagnosis!

My question is she says radiation may be the best treatment as it's in a hard place for surgery. She stated the radiation would be twice a week for five weeks total. The actual radiation would only last 5 minutes, but the prep getting ready, etc. would be longer.

Has anyone here had radiation to treat a squamous cell skin cancer, and what were the side effects? I've had two basal cell skin cancers with successful surgeries. Thanks for any feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply