It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Cancer: Skin Message Board

  • Iím worried sick

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #1
    Hank2011
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2014
    Posts: 3
    Hank2011 HB User
    Iím worried sick

    Iím so so scared. Three years ago I had a blue dot on the bottom of my heel. I remember thinking of I stepped on a marker. A time later (not very much longer) I saw that it turned bigger and brown. About 2 times bigger but the original wasnít that big to begin with. I was in the same exact position whenís I first noticed it when I peeled it off. It came off completely and it left a little hole in its place with normal skin underneath. There was no bleeding and it didnít hurt. The hole healed up fine and it hasnít happened again. I am so so petrified of what this was. I have no idea. Iím trying to get to a dermatologist but Iím kind of helpless in that sistuation since Iím completely dependent on another person it get me there, and that person doesnít think itís anything to worry about. Please help me.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 02-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Florida, U.S.A.
    Posts: 2,398
    JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Iím worried sick

    So, you're not worried about what it is now, you're worried about what it used to be? It seems that, whatever it was, it got healed by your immune system.
    That means your immune system is working well and you should be thankful for that.

    What would you want a dermatologist to do when there's nothing irregular to see? Would you want to get a biopsy on normal looking skin? I kind of doubt that any dermatologist would agree to that.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
    Hank2011
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2014
    Posts: 3
    Hank2011 HB User
    Re: Iím worried sick

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    So, you're not worried about what it is now, you're worried about what it used to be? It seems that, whatever it was, it got healed by your immune system.
    That means your immune system is working well and you should be thankful for that.

    What would you want a dermatologist to do when there's nothing irregular to see? Would you want to get a biopsy on normal looking skin? I kind of doubt that any dermatologist would agree to that.
    Basically Iím worried what it was and if it was something bad that has been spreading throughout my body.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #4
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Florida, U.S.A.
    Posts: 2,398
    JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Iím worried sick

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hank2011 View Post
    Basically I’m worried what it was and if it was something bad that has been spreading throughout my body.
    If it was skin cancer, I'm pretty sure if wouldn't move on to some other place in your body after healing in the spot where it started. I have never heard of that happening. Generally what happens with skin cancer is that it gets worse before spreading. That's why I think it wasn't cancer.

    If you would feel better getting information from a doctor, perhaps you could ask your GP; that might be easier than getting to a dermatologist. Your personal physician is usually the one to see first when you have doubt.

    Last edited by JohnR41; 02-15-2018 at 02:52 PM.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
    Hank2011
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2014
    Posts: 3
    Hank2011 HB User
    Re: Iím worried sick

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    If it was skin cancer, I'm pretty sure if wouldn't move on to some other place in your body after healing in the spot where it started. I have never heard of that happening. Generally what happens with skin cancer is that it gets worse before spreading. That's why I think it wasn't cancer.

    If you would feel better getting information from a doctor, perhaps you could ask your GP; that might be easier than getting to a dermatologist. Your personal physician is usually the one to see first when you have doubt.


    I saw my GP in December and will be going to a dermatologist March 12th

     
    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Worried sick about Liver Lesions AbiS1 Liver & Pancreas Disorders 11 09-01-2017 03:43 AM
    Worried sick again!! zipster Kidney Disorders 1 11-29-2016 05:39 PM
    I'm worried sick! orflander Pain Management 17 05-26-2014 02:14 AM
    Please Help! My Dental Veneer Fell off and Im worried SICK! hello40 Dental Health 2 07-05-2012 05:30 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:04 PM.





    © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!