It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

I知 worried sick

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #1
Hank2011
(female)

Hank2011 HB User
I知 worried sick

I知 so so scared. Three years ago I had a blue dot on the bottom of my heel. I remember thinking of I stepped on a marker. A time later (not very much longer) I saw that it turned bigger and brown. About 2 times bigger but the original wasn稚 that big to begin with. I was in the same exact position when痴 I first noticed it when I peeled it off. It came off completely and it left a little hole in its place with normal skin underneath. There was no bleeding and it didn稚 hurt. The hole healed up fine and it hasn稚 happened again. I am so so petrified of what this was. I have no idea. I知 trying to get to a dermatologist but I知 kind of helpless in that sistuation since I知 completely dependent on another person it get me there, and that person doesn稚 think it痴 anything to worry about. Please help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: I知 worried sick

So, you're not worried about what it is now, you're worried about what it used to be? It seems that, whatever it was, it got healed by your immune system.
That means your immune system is working well and you should be thankful for that.

What would you want a dermatologist to do when there's nothing irregular to see? Would you want to get a biopsy on normal looking skin? I kind of doubt that any dermatologist would agree to that.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
Hank2011
(female)

Hank2011 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
So, you're not worried about what it is now, you're worried about what it used to be? It seems that, whatever it was, it got healed by your immune system.
That means your immune system is working well and you should be thankful for that.

What would you want a dermatologist to do when there's nothing irregular to see? Would you want to get a biopsy on normal looking skin? I kind of doubt that any dermatologist would agree to that.
Basically I知 worried what it was and if it was something bad that has been spreading throughout my body.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #4
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank2011 View Post
Basically I’m worried what it was and if it was something bad that has been spreading throughout my body.
If it was skin cancer, I'm pretty sure if wouldn't move on to some other place in your body after healing in the spot where it started. I have never heard of that happening. Generally what happens with skin cancer is that it gets worse before spreading. That's why I think it wasn't cancer.

If you would feel better getting information from a doctor, perhaps you could ask your GP; that might be easier than getting to a dermatologist. Your personal physician is usually the one to see first when you have doubt.

Last edited by JohnR41; 02-15-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
Hank2011
(female)

Hank2011 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
If it was skin cancer, I'm pretty sure if wouldn't move on to some other place in your body after healing in the spot where it started. I have never heard of that happening. Generally what happens with skin cancer is that it gets worse before spreading. That's why I think it wasn't cancer.

If you would feel better getting information from a doctor, perhaps you could ask your GP; that might be easier than getting to a dermatologist. Your personal physician is usually the one to see first when you have doubt.

I saw my GP in December and will be going to a dermatologist March 12th

Reply Reply