It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

Changing Mole

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
Emilyinsight
(female)

Emilyinsight HB User
Changing Mole

So, I have JUST gotten a referral and am going to go to a dermatologist, but I have some worries/questions now that I canít seem to quell.... I have a rather large mole on my cheek, always has been a little smaller than a pencil eraser, and have basically had it my entire life (in my 20ís now) but within the last year I began to notice it changing. It has itched, crusted up, completely fallen off, and come back. It has done this two or three times now. This last time that it has come back in the last few months, it has basically doubled in size and where it used to be dark and round, it is now still sort of symmetrical, but a lighter reddish-brown with darker areas to it. I have also noticed that Iíve had some new very small moles come up on the same cheek, opposite cheek, and my neck that are the normal color of moles Iíve had but not so symmetrical. Both of my grandmothers passed away of some form of cancer and I am obviously very concerned. Everyone in my life is blowing me off about it and thinks Iím overreacting, but I already kind of have it in my head that something is not right. If it does turn out to be cancerous and itís been caught in the first year of me noticing changes, is there a good chance itís treatable? Is there a high chance of it coming back? I guess when anyone mentions Ďthe c wordí the first thing you worry about is it being fatal. But I have two small children who need their mom. Any advice/input/words of encouragement are highly welcomed. And as I said I am getting it checked out, but my anxiety is getting the best of me in the meantime, and I simply have no knowledge in this area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply