It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

basal cell on face??

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #1
ventcrew
(female)

ventcrew HB User
Unhappy basal cell on face??

Hello all, I am very nervous and am looking for comfort and advice. Sometime this summer I noticed a little bump on the right side of my face not to far below my right eye. I thought it was a bug bite because it kinda picked a bit. It did not go away and when I wash my face it will bleed sometimes. I went to the dr on Oct 25 and she said that is looks like it might be a basal cell and to make an appt with dermatologists. I did but could not get in until Jan 8. Today I went to the dentist for a cleaning and she asked about it and wanted to make sure I get in to see the dr. I told her I was on Jan 8. My question to all of you is do you think it is ok to wait until Jan 8 or should I try to find another dr before then? It is about 0.3cm, has not gotten bigger and only bleeds if I wash over it too hard. The dermatologists is a really good one in our area so just wondering what you all think. Thanks for your comfort and advice.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: basal cell on face??

Yes...it's absolutely fine to wait till then. You could call and see if you can get on a cancellation list.

Please update us on the outcome.

q

Last edited by quincy; 12-07-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:53 AM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: basal cell on face??

Karen, I would call and tell the receptionist that you just came from the dentist who suggested you get it looked at as soon as possible. No- it probably isnt urgent where you cant wait until January...but if you put it in their head that another doctor is suggesting you get in asap- they may suddenly have an opening for you. You can always request cancellation list, but that means you need to be able to go at the drop of a hat if they call.

A month here or there isnt going to make a difference, you have already waited for awhile before you even scheduled the appointment. Good doctors usually do have a month or longer wait- but it cannot hurt to try pushing them to see if they can get you in sooner.

Good luck!

Reply Reply

« Excision question | - »