It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Worried Daughter

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
    CountryFan

CountryFan HB User
    Worried Daughter

Hi

My Dad has a growth on his eyelid which he has had since January. Yesterday a part of it came away leaving a sort of crater a raised outer edge. He thinks this is a sign that it is getting better and he wants to leave it for a few weeks to see how it goes. He had an appointment for pre-assessment today which he went to but he was late arriving so he has told them he had changed his mind.

He has two appointments next week, one for an operation to remove the lump and another for what I think is reconstruction. So he wants me to cancel them. I'm not sure he could have them now anyway not having had the pre-assessment to see if he is fit (he is). But I am sick with worry about it as I am worried it is cancer, he has of the generation that didn't worry about the sun and also has other skin issues (not cancer) but are due to sun damage. I don't really know want to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Worried Daughter

Hi there. Unfortunately, there really isnt much you can do as long as your dad is in overall good mental health and is able to make decisions for himself.

All you can do is ask "as daddys little girl" for him to do it for you and get it checked out...tell him how much this is worrying you and beg him to go through with this...

Its worth a shot... good luck!

Reply Reply