It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Squamous cell on white of eye

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
    hessie28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
    Squamous cell on white of eye

Hi. I noticed I had a little more red on the white part of my eye. Had about a year. Went to eye Dr for another reason. He did not notice. At the end of visit I pulled down eyelid and asked if the extra red part was anything? He looked closer and said did not like. Had me back in January 2019 for biopsy. It came back as Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Conjunctiva In Situ. Found out that means Skin Cancer on white of eye. In Situ mean in place. It is very rare and he told me there was only one Oncologist he would trust. Sent me to New York City. I live in New Jersey so not an issue. I was treated with chemo eye drops. Week on, week off and week on again. Then month later 5 days on , week off, 5 days on. I went back last week and it is gone. I go back in 3 months for check up. Have to use over counter eye drops rest of my life I guess to keep eyes moist. Dr said anything blowing around can cause it to start up in same or other eye. Small spot he will keep check on. Since it is Squamous I was told it cannot spread to other parts of body. Thank goodness. It never affected my vision because on white part. Seems I caught early. I asked how I got it thinking of all the times I burned in the sun growing up. He said not related to the sun. Just bad luck. A virus could set off. They donít know much about but they can cure it luckily.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had. None of my other doctors ever heard of it. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
    rvfisherman
    (male)

rvfisherman HB User
    Re: Squamous cell on white of eye

Hi Hessie28;

I myself have experienced Squamous Cell Carcinoma on my right outer ear lobe. Fortunately it was removed successfully by surgery and has not shown it's ugly face again. I expect my earlier years of exposure to the sun during my competitive years of largemouth bass fishing created this sun effected cancer. I always use a sun-screen on any of my exposed skin, and, wear a big brim hat to protect me from the sun rays when I am on or near the water.

Reply Reply

« Relapse after MOHS | - »