It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Worried about nodular melanoma

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-23-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
    tiredofissues
    (female)

tiredofissues HB User
    Worried about nodular melanoma

I am really worried about a bump I've had on my knee. I've actually had it for a long time probably at least a year and a half and had it checked once by a primary care physician and he said it was nothing to be concerned about but I still have it and I just recently started looking online and I'm wondering if this could be a nodular melanoma. I never thought melanoma because it's not black or brown and it has regular borders but evidently nodular melanoma doesn't look like typical skin cancers. Has anyone has something that looks like this before? It's a perfectly round spot kind of a reddish purple color. I always get pimples and cysts so I haven't been worried about it until now when I read about the nodular melanoma. I have an appointment on Monday with the dermatologist but I'm just freaking out now. Because I've left it for so long without checking with an actual dermatologist. I read that they grow vertically into the skin and that they're very fast growing. So at this point I've had it so long I really worry about what happens now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply