It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Mycosis Fungoides

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
    montreal1951

montreal1951 HB User
    Mycosis Fungoides

My husband saw something on my back and made me go to the dermatologist. The doctor diagnosed it as being Mycosis fungoides, which is a name for Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma. I will have a biopsy soon. This stuff is really rare and you can apparently live long and healthy with it. I cannot see it. It's in the part of my back I cannot see even if I use a large mirror. I hope the biopsy is negative....I am freaking out. I guess that is because the Dermatologist took my husband into a room, closed the door and talked to him for 5 minutes... My husband came out looking like a ghost. However, the Dermatologist told me that it was usually nothing and easily treated...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 04:27 AM   #2
    Saraly
    Inactive

Saraly HB User
    Unhappy Re: Mycosis Fungoides

Geesh! What a subtle doctor! Didn't he think you were a big enough girl to hear what's going on with your own body? I have never heard of Mycosis Fungoides, please keep us posted and let us know how you are. If it's not benign will it be removed surgically?

Old 02-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
    montreal1951

montreal1951 HB User
    Re: Mycosis Fungoides

Guess what? I did not need a biopsy! The dermatologist looked at it again. Then he scraped some skin off and looked under the microscope. It was not mycosis fungoides. It was an ordinary skin fungus, treatable with nizoral. Thank the good Lord.
    Thank you to all who responded with such care.
    You are all great!

Old 02-08-2004, 04:43 AM   #4
    Saraly
    Inactive

Saraly HB User

If I was a good deal younger I would be jumping for joy!!! Thanks for sharing the good news.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:31 AM   #5
    Kaylene
    (female)

Kaylene HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by montreal1951 View Post
    Guess what? I did not need a biopsy! The dermatologist looked at it again. Then he scraped some skin off and looked under the microscope. It was not mycosis fungoides. It was an ordinary skin fungus, treatable with nizoral. Thank the good Lord.
    Thank you to all who responded with such care.
    You are all great!
    Now I dont want to worry you in any way ok. But. My husband was diagnosed with MF 3 years ago at the age of 29. It wasn’t detected or diagnosed properly for 20+years. All the Dr kept doing were skin scrape tests.

It can only be properly diagnosed with a hole punch test and blood works. A skin scrape is completely inadequate. If you have no success after 12 months or it comes back I recommend you have the proper procedures done as its not something to mess with.

Good luck
    K

Closed Thread