It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• Mole looked like a wart, for the last 2 years it has changed..scared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
    Mal979

Mal979 HB User
    Unhappy Mole looked like a wart, for the last 2 years it has changed..scared

I have had this "thing" on my forehead for at least 5 years, it started out as a small bump that looked like a wart. I used to pick it off and it would grow back and now the last 2 years it has really grown and now looks like 2 or 3 small warts in a grouping, overall about the size of a pencil eraser. It is flesh colored, maybe a little darker than my natural pale skincolor, has never itched, never bled, it has always just been an eyesore. Now I have a new one very similar on my chin that is small, but it is a little darker than the other one.
    My mother mentioned it to me last week and said she wants me to go to the derm asap. She has called me everyday to make sure I have an appt and that worries me. I have an appt in 2 weeks and I am so scared. Now it seems everyone notices it, I guess b/c I pointed it out, but they are all freaking me out. I went to a derm in July 02 to have a bump removed from my nose but it was purely cosmetic. I forgot what they called the bump, but it was not a mole or anything.Anyway the derm never mentioned the forehead mole and it was there.
    I have looked at pictures trying to determine what this is, all I am doing is freaking myself out. I know you really cant know, but just any ideas.
    I am very fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, and yes I used to sunbathe and burn til I was 24, the last 7 years I have used self tanners.
    Anyway just any ideas so I will stop thinking the worst.
    Thanks, Mal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread