It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Skin Message Board

• swelling after bcc removal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2004, 12:44 PM   #1
    Dawn3

Dawn3 HB User
    swelling after bcc removal

My mother who is 85 had a bcc (rodent ulcer) removed from her upper lip three weeks ago. The scar runs along her nose to mouth line with another line down to her lip and is healing very well, but she is worried because her cheek is swollen and red. All the bruising she had elsewhere immediately after the operation has gone now, but her cheek still has noticeable swelling and the skin over the swelling is very red. The swelling did go down a little in the first couple of days but hasn't changed since then. She's worrying that it's going to stay like this. She will make an appointment to see her doctor again but could anyone give us any idea why this swelling is persisting? My mother says it feels a little painful but not too bad. Any ideas, anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Swelling in my left leg only... could it be oxycontin side effect? lisam1120 Pain Management 23 03-25-2010 02:54 AM
    Swelling Tiggerredz Foot & Ankle Problems 4 05-26-2005 01:18 PM
    Swelling 1 month after wisdom teeth removal BryanS Dental Health 2 03-31-2005 12:56 PM
    Pain And Swelling In Back Right Ribs witchesway13 Back Problems 4 01-12-2005 04:09 AM
    Pain And Swelling Of Back Right Lower Ribs witchesway13 General Health 0 01-11-2005 07:26 PM
    Will the swelling go down? click1 Foot & Ankle Problems 3 06-01-2004 07:11 AM